can not open my mail

pippo221

New Email
Hi I have e-mail on Mail.com that suddenly says that: ''You've entered an invalid Email address / password combination - please retry.'' but I'm sure that I'm not doing anything wrong so can you tell me is it possible that my mail is hacked and if it is can you disable it permanently.My mail is pippo2@mail.com.

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
Hello,

If your password changed it's possible that your account was either compromised or disabled due to inactivity.

We are not mail.com and can not see the details of your account which is why I directed you to their support contacts.

Resetting your password and checking the account for yourself is a way that you can try to figure out if your account was hacked before there is a response, if any, from their abuse team.

Hope that helps!

pippo221

New Email
I'd like to know what can I expect if it is hacked, what that means exactly, how can they abuse that.Please forgive my ignorance!

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
There are several possibilities including :
  • They have access to confidential information that was stored in your account
  • They could be sending scams to your contacts, for example, pretending to be you and asking for money
  • If they know your password, and you use the same password often, they might also have access to other accounts such as your Facebook account
  • They have the ability to reset passwords for accounts that use your compromised account as the email address for receiving password reset links

Last edited:

jwriter

Valued Member
Pippo 221 I sympathize with what you are going through. I am also a Mail.com user. Trying to communicate with this company is very difficult and I have premium service. I believe they changed their software in May and I don't know if that has anything to do with your problem. It would help if they had a forum on their website so we users can help each other, but I have never found one.

To the admin of this board, could you start a forum for Mail.com? It is greatly needed, especially with the new software. Thank you.

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
To the admin of this board, could you start a forum for Mail.com? It is greatly needed, especially with the new software. Thank you.

I'll contact mail.com and if they have someone who can help answer questions and listen to member feedback I'll be more than happy to create a forum for GMX / Mail.com

Last edited:

jwriter

Valued Member
Thank you Ray! Could you start the forum even if you don't get a response from GMX / Mail.com?

I would be skeptical about bringing GMX into the picture. Please note that GMX has a number of companies and it would get complicated.

I would just start up a Mail.com forum so at least we users can talk to each other and help each other out.

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
The mail.com forum has been created here - Mail.com

Please start a new discussion for any additional mail.com tips or problems in mail.com forum.

Last edited:

pacific

New Email
Hi, I have exactly the same problem, I can not login to mail.com, every times I login, they say that: ''You've entered an invalid Email address / password combination - please retry.'' Yesterday I still ok to login with that account but today I can not login.

I don't know what is going-on with my account thaibinh@usa.com. I tried with the other mail.com account is and it's ok. I answer the security question and successfully change my password but this time I can not login with the new password also.
Could you please help me on this? I send the information to mail.com but I am not sure that they can fix for me or not. Do you guy have another contact of mail.com or phone number so that I can call. Please help me since I need to use this email so urgent.

Thank you so much for your help!

pacific

New Email
Now I can login again, mail.com is like a ghost! I don't think this problem is because user entered wrong user name / password or someone hacked the email.

Mail.com have nice and easy to remember username but their service is bad.

curvefan

Valued Member
I have also in the past gotten the message about entering an invalid email address/password.

I knew that I hadn't made a mistake and wondered what the heck was going on.

In my case, the message went away after a short time and I was eventually able to log in normally.

This has happened a couple of times, but each time it wasn't very long until the problem went away.

I really don't use the account for anything important so it wasn't a big issue.

I realize that your problems have been going on for awhile, so I don't know if it's the same problem as I had or not.

Hopefully your accounts will resolve on their own as well.

arel

New Email
i had registered some email address to "mail.com".
the system says now "You've entered an invalid email address / password combination."
i know my e-mail address and password, but i cannot log in, all of them is correct.
i checking the account is registered "This choice of email address has already been assigned.

it has been mediated for quite much time.
my mail address is disabled due to inactivity.

what should i do ?

thanks.