Can I get a Yahoo e-mail account without a cell phone?

forfreedom

New Email
Two questions please.

1. Is Yahoo compatable with Thunderbird?

2. I'm soon going to lose my e-mail account when I move because it is from my ISP. I want Yahoo e-mail to replace it so I can use it with my Google blog account. Google will not allow a Gmail account as an e-mail link. Go figure. I do not have a cell phone. Is there any way to get an account without a cell phone? I tried my using my land line number but was told it was not valad.

Thanks for any input.

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
Hello,

Yes, Yahoo Mail supports both IMAP and Mozilla Thunderbird.

If you don't have a mobile number you'll need to "borrow" a number from a trusted friend to create a Yahoo email account.

Have you considered registering your own domain name? Godaddy provides free email service with their domain registrations, and you'll never need to worry about support for your email account if you need technical help or change ISP's

:welcome: to Email Questions!

forfreedom

New Email
Thanks for the reply. Interesting that Yahoo will accept just anyone's cell number inasmuch as they claim it's to verify the person, but not accept an established land line in a residence. Also interesting that Yahoo assumes every human has a cell phone glued to their ear. Maybe I should get a 10 dollar burner phone with no name or contract and use that number. /sarc off.

I did look at godaddy but did not want spend money to get a "free" e-mail account.

I'll just have to hope Google doesn't try to contact me at my old e-mail address and close the blog for lack of e-mail until I can find another free service.

Thanks for your time and information.