Being spammed

oldman123

New Email
I was spammed over a hundred times in my Yahoo e-mail by someone,and now I am unable to use my Yahoo email
This same person (I am pretty sure who it is ,but I cannot prove it)has now found out my hotmail e-mail,and I am afraid that he is going to spam this until I am unable to use it What can I do to stop him?
Thank you

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
Hello,

Are they using anything consistent such as the same From: address that could be blocked by an email rule or filter?

If you know the persons IP address have you checked to see if it shows up in the full email headers?

Both Yahoo and Hotmail should be able to learn how to block at least some of that spam if you are good about marking it as spam instead of simply deleting it.

:welcome: to Email Questions

THERESA

Customer Service
Hello,

Are the emails coming from the same email address every time? (or a bunch of different email addresses?)

oldman123

New Email
Yes,they are being sent from OUR e-mail address, to various addresses.Most of them came back from the Postmaster,as having no correct e-mail address. This completely filled up our Inbox,and now our computer has frozen for Yahoo. The mail arrives, but I cannot pull them up.
Thanks

THERESA

Customer Service
Are you hacked? Has someone physically gotten into your email and is sending from your account? If so, you need to change your password and set up security measures (security questions and a back up email) to be sure it doesn't happen again.