Backup options for scryptmail?

Are there any option for backing up emails. I have read the creator's message on email forums that imap/po3 email clients are not supported because it compromises security, but I only know how to back up my entire mail box through them.

If I divert all my major emails to scryptmail, what can I do to batch backup my emails from the server? From my 1st glance at the user interface, I didn't figure out how to do it, if none exist at this moment, will you consider implement one? Thanks.

Tutanota and Protonmail currently don't have this feature either. Not sure if Tutanota only provides it as premium feature, though I would find it strange if a function as necessary as backup is a paid feature. If bandwidth is a problem, the download limitation could be once per week or something like that to avoid spam attacks. I am sure users would already be grateful just for the fact that the function is implemented.

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
It's not a bandwidth issue, at least not for SCRYPTmail. I believe the issue for most is prioritizing security, privacy, and the features with the most user demand.

I believe your request is represented on SCRYPTmail as Email Export with 0.78% (5 votes) in the "what features should we develop next?" poll.

@SCRYPTmail might have more to say about it. I imagine it's possible to have an "encrypted thing" that could be generated and exported to your computer that contains all of your data. It would also need the "import" created.

Maybe that "encrypted thing" would replace your account, not add back whatever was lost since it was created to the current version of an account.

Also, for @SCRYPTmail , I imagine this would be a premium feature. No worries, I think you're going to like their payment interface. I'm going to have blog up soon with a preview. Stay tuned! :)

Rockman

Valued Member
Unless he can create an .eml file using javascript in the browser to save as a local file, I don't think it is possible within the current design.

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
Unless he can create an .eml file using javascript in the browser to save as a local file, I don't think it is possible within the current design.

My thought wasn't something exportable that could be imported into another email program or even read on the users computer, but it could be imported back into SCRYPTmail.

Maybe that wouldn't be useful to @LegitimateGrapes . Is the goal to have a backup of SCRYPTmail in case of total disaster for now, or be able to export email to another email service?

Well you never know, right? Any small scale company could easily go out at any time for whatever reason. Scryptmail is based in USA, and if Lavabit taught us any thing it's to always back things up as users in case anything happens.