Attached file won't open

1147cc

New Email
I'm in Yahoo mail, with windows 10. I create an outgoing e:mail, attach a JPG file picture, the icon for the attachment appears on the e:mail draft, but says "remove" below it. It normally says "save". I can't do anything with the attachment, it won't open, all I can do is delete it. What am I doing wrong? This is the way I've sent attachments in the past, never had problems before. I don't believe the JPG file is bad, I've sent it before as an attachment.

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
Which web browser are you using? I tried a couple. In my Chrome on Windows 10 after attaching an image there is a triple dot and I have the option to "send as image" or remove. After that's done I have additional options for small, large, remove, and send as attachment.

1147cc

New Email
Thanks for responding. My browser is "Edge On Windows 10", or so it says when I ask the computer that question. Plz bear with me, I'm better at using wrenches than keyboards......

1147cc

New Email
Sorry to cause such a flap. I figured it out. Sort of. "Operator Error." Experimenting, I attached a random jpg photo to a newly-composed email, and observed the suspect attachment icon with the "remove" (only) statement below it. I went ahead and sent the email to myself to see how it would turn out, and there was the attachment, complete, intact, accessible, and normal.
I've never noticed this happening before, apparently it's been the normal way it works. Once again, I'm closing this issue, and sorry to be a nuisance.

THERESA

Customer Service
Sorry to cause such a flap. I figured it out. Sort of. "Operator Error." Experimenting, I attached a random jpg photo to a newly-composed email, and observed the suspect attachment icon with the "remove" (only) statement below it. I went ahead and sent the email to myself to see how it would turn out, and there was the attachment, complete, intact, accessible, and normal.
I've never noticed this happening before, apparently it's been the normal way it works. Once again, I'm closing this issue, and sorry to be a nuisance.
No problem at all. No question is a nuisance.