At my wits end...

PittFanIAm

New Email
When i check my yahoo email on my computer, everything is fine. However, when i try to check it on my iphone or ipod, it will not update. My gmail account (along with everything else) is working fine on both my ipod and iphone.

Out of curiosity, i added a different yahoo account to my iphone/ipod. To my surprise, it worked fine on both of my devices. I've tried deleting my problem account from both of my devices and re-adding it, but the problem remains.

In short, i'm having trouble with only my one yahoo account only on my mobile devices. Does anyone know what the cause could be and, more importantly, how to fix it?

I've never had any trouble with this account or with my devices before. Everything worked fine up until last night.

This is driving me nuts. A sincere thank you in advance.

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
Hi PittFan,

Are you using the native mail app or the Yahoo Mail App?

If you are using the Yahoo Mail App uninstalling and reinstalling that app frequently fixes connection issues.

If you are using the native ail app it should have a built in configuration you can pick after typing in your username and password, but sometimes setting it up manually using the Yahoo mail server IMAP settings works better.

:welcome: to Email Questions!

PittFanIAm

New Email
I'm assuming the native email app is the little thing that Mail at the bottom that comes on the devices automatically? If so, that's what i use.

I deleted my account from my devices again and followed the instructions in your post to set it up manually. Nothing changed. I'm having the same problems as before.

I should also note that i've never had any problems until last night. This account worked fine on both devices until last night for some reason.

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
Can you log in from a computer web browser?

What error message are you getting?

PittFanIAm

New Email
Yep, everything is fine when i log in from my laptop.

At first, it was saying that i couldn't connect to the server or something. Now, it doesn't give me any kind of error message. The weird thing is that it works perfectly fine with the other yahoo account that i added.

My problem seems to only be with my one yahoo account (the other works fine as does my gmail account) and only on my mobile devices (works fine on my laptop but wont work on my iphone or ipod).

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
Does logging into Yahoo work any better if you switch between your wireless and 3G/4G?

PittFanIAm

New Email
Nope, i thought about that last night. This has been eating at me since it first happened. I actually jumped in my car and went for a little drive last night to see if it would work leaving my wifi.

PittFanIAm

New Email
That didn't work either. I'm thinking about just ditching that account and using a different one since it seems like i'm only having trouble with that specific account.

Another weird little tidbit...While the regular mail isn't working, the junk mail seems to be working/updating just fine.

PittFanIAm

New Email
Since you were nice enough to try to help, I figured that i'd give you an update.

Well, i created another account and all but ditched that one. After a few days, i tried it again out of curiosity. It worked. I have no idea why. I did nothing to correct the problem. Apparently it was a problem on Yahoo's end and they fixed it.