address rejected

idr

New Email
My main e-mail account is Outlook Express 6, and usually I send and receive messages without problems, but I opened also a Gmail account for special purposes.
Lately I tried to contact a company for which I received two e-mail addresses, but the server rejected them both, saying that they are “unknown or illegal alias”
So I sent the message from my Gmail to one of the “rejected” addresses, and it was received there immediately.
My OE continues to work properly, and only the special addresses are rejected.
Can anybody explain why, and how to correct it?
Thanks

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
Hello,

Are you sure the email from Gmail was received immediately? Is it possible it failed too and the bounce message ended up in your spam folder? There was likely more text in the bounce message received by your first email account. If you copy and paste the complete bounce message with all errors it's more likely we'll be able to help you troubleshoot the problem.

-Raymond

idr

New Email
yes, I received instantly a response from the company to my mail from Gmail

And here is the error message which I received today again:

The message could not be sent because one of the recipients was rejected by the server. The rejected e-mail address was 'editor@tipa.co.il'. Subject 'for blind', Account: 'pop.012.net.il', Server: 'smtp.012.net.il', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '550 5.1.1 unknown or illegal alias: editor@tipa.co.il', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 550, Error Number: 0x800CCC79

Please advise what reason for rejection?
Thanks

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
I can't say for sure but I suspect the message above may have failed because from Outlook Express because you tried to use that ISP's smtp relay servers for outgoing email while you were connected to someone else's internet connection. It's also possible that for some sort of spam prevention reason your ISP blocked sending email to that domain name. I recommend calling the tech support for 012.net.il and finding out if either of the above are the problem. They may require that you enable smtp authentication if you are trying to use their servers for sending email while connected to a different internet connection. After calling them please let us know what the solution was so that other people with the same problem can benefit from the answer.

:thanks: -Raymond