Acronis backup of Live Mail

Pierro

New Email
When I backup my email with Acronis I get a "last backup failed" error message and with the aid of Acronis support narrowed the problem down to the fact that the folder in my data files containing my messages has a different name to the folder name Acronis is nominating to backup from. ie the folder name in my Live Mail Data is called clara.co ( p933 and that being asked for in Acronis is clara.co (peter.picthall4d) which is my true email address. I think the solution is to completely remove Live Mail including all the data files associated with it and re-create my email account with clara. However before I do that I need to back up my contacts and messages. When I do this my backup file contains the odd folder clara.co.(p 933 which does contain all my messages and message folders. I have no idea where this comes from but it certainly looks odd. Can anybody out there help with being able to save me messages and contacts and then a total deletion of Live Mail and a complete clean rebuild using the same email address etc with clara and then re-establishing my folders and contacts please.:eek::confused:

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
What version of Windows are you using? I'll see if I can duplicate this problem.

Pierro

New Email
Thank you for responding so quickly Popowich. Windows 7 home premium. I also ended up with another problem. I could not get my live mail to go on line, it remained off line no matter what I did. After contacting MS (no use as they do not support Live Mail except by accessing the web for tech help such as this) I eventually found a site which suggested I reset Internet Explorer ..............which I dont use at all. This worked and I am now back with email again. Am considering uninstalling IE as it seems to be the source of at least this problem. What do you think??
Peter