4SecureMail - Secure Email Services

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
I came across an email hosting company called 4SecureMail that provides secure email services.

They do not offer free accounts.

They do offer free email accounts to webmasters.

I'd like to get an account without having to provide a credit card.

This is a little backwards from the directions for webmasters but I don't think I should have to give out my credit card information if all I want to do is login and review their service.

We'll see what the response is. :)

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
I made a mistake above, but can see how easy it would be for others to repeat it. The offer is that webmasters get a free personal basic email account. The page for free webmaster accounts doesn't clearly identify how to get to the correct page to request the free account. I navigated through the site back to the ordering page used by regular customers. What I needed to do what click on the email address listed just above "Don't forget" near the bottom of this page - Secure Email Free Secure Account for WebMasters . I think a regular text link that said "Webmasters! Click here to request your free 4SecureMail account" would be easier to identify than clicking on what appears to be a mailto: link.

Free secure email account for webmasters.JPG

I received a reply from their contact address less than an hour after I sent them an email.

+1 for a speedy customer service email response! :)

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
I received my email account login information a couple hours after completing the correct registration form. :D

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
For people that care if their IP address is not included in the headers of their outgoing email 4SecureMail is another service that conceals this information for you.

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
There is a virus scanner footer included in outgoing email by default

--Certified Virus Free by 4SecureMail.com ICSA-Certified Scanner--

I don't see a way to turn off that footer. It's not a default signature. Hopefully another speedy customer service reply is coming.

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
I am trying to change my password but the system does not allow several (any?) symbols in passwords including but not limited to ! @ * # $

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
I don't see a way to turn off that footer. It's not a default signature. Hopefully another speedy customer service reply is coming.

Another fast 10 minute response time from Steve at 4SecureMail

The footer can not be removed from personal, professional, or free accounts using the 4securemail.com domain.

It can be removed on domain plans if you have your own custom domain name.

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
I am trying to change my password but the system does not allow several (any?) symbols in passwords including but not limited to ! @ * # $

Symbols are not allowed in passwords unless you have a hosting plan with them.

A little odd, you'd think that a secure email service would promote everyone having strong passwords.

splautz

4SecureMail LLC
Symbols in passwords were limited in all accounts. I was not aware of this until I seen it posted on here. So I investigated and found out it was limited by the software. A simple configuration change fixed it, and now all symbols are allowed in passwords in every account.

President, 4SecureMail LLC