450 4.2.1 The Gmail user you are trying to contact is receiving mail at a rate that prevents...

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
I have been getting very little email over the past day or so.

I decided to send myself a test message and see that there is a problem.

4.2.1_The_user_you_are_trying_to_contact_is_receiving_mail_at_a_rate_that/450-4.2.1_prevents_additional_messages_from_being_delivered.

According to 'The Gmail user you are trying to contact is receiving mail at a rate...' - Gmail Help I'm getting too many emails too fast.

The problem is not originating with any of my mail servers. My web hosting server only tried 9 connection attempts to my Gmail account today. My account has been effectivery suspended with no way for me to fix the problem.

Am I stuck hoping that the problem resolve itself?

Is sending a lot of email an easy way to get an account suspended?

-Raymond

Big Dan

EQ Forum Moderator
That's a very strange error, Ray. Catchalls for about 20 domains forward into my Gmail and I get ALOT of spam. I should be throttled but never have been to my knowledge.

I'm surprised Gmail didn't alert you somehow. That's just plain weird. Something is amiss here dude. I know guys that get 4-500 messages a day..I'd contact Google support and see what you can find out.

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
My level of frustration is rapidly increasing.

I'm still only receiving about 1% of my incoming email.

Problems happen, fine, but...

We're in day 5+ now though. I need access to my email.

Gmail was a massive mistake if this can't be fixed.

I should have continued to host my own email, and if anything have Gmail pop that account.

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
I can't set a forward on my account.

It says my account is unavailable when I try to do that.

No response from their help forum.

I can't receive confirmation emails about changing my email address at sites...

*sigh* :hammer:

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
I tried a few more times and it finally allowed me to create a forward.

It probably won't help since they are not accepting emails from me to begin with, but you never know.

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
At this point I don't know what it could be except a joe job.

Typically they last a few days, sometimes weeks.

If that's the case my account should fix itself eventually.

It just stinks that there isn't anything I can do myself to fix it.

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
Wow. I see my total usage is up to over 800MB from the regular 100-150MB

Lots of bounce messages in their system associated with my account but have not delivered?

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
I think it's slowly fixing itself. It feels like I'm receiving 2% of my email up from 1%

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
It's behind the scenes disk usage. It's not going to my spam, trash, or any other folders (labels). I look to be receiving about 1/2 a GB per day that Gmail is hiding from my view. Hopefully it stops before I reach my max allowed usage. At this time I seem to be receiving most new email OK.

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
There is no talking to Google directly unless your a paying Google business apps customer that is experiencing a service outage.

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
You are currently using 1834 MB (24%) of your 7481 MB.

I think the increase has mostly leveled off over the past 24hrs.

Doesn't look like I'm heading for disaster. :)

Big Dan

EQ Forum Moderator
I'm getting a rather odd Gmail error myself - My catchalls all forward into Gmail but supposedly my server's IP is being block from Gmail. One of my 4 letter .com is being spoofed again. :( I'll have to post the error here tonight.

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
My usage is coming down. Two weeks later is looks like I'm in the clear!

You are currently using 1795 MB (23%) of your 7481 MB.