Yandex mail - on the paranoid side of Spam detection

Netscape8

Valued Member
I just needed one extra email specially for subscriptions and being POP3/Imap client able.

I have opened new account on Yandex, and what really seems to be good service, also supported with good amount of praise from users, one thing is simply unbearable, and renders the same almost useless.

I have barely send 20 messages, and almost every or third message is recognized as SPAM, or to be precise:

yandex2014.png

Is anyone here using Yandex from more then a few years? Is there a remedy for this? I just wanted to ask, before I erase this account, because, I would have hard time believing such nice service, is almost backstabbed by paranoid SPAM detection. I have 2 ISP main accounts, also Startmail subscription, and I have never, ever, had something like this, even on lousiest of free services, that could not even touch Yandex features.

I wonder, if I change outgoing server to my ISP, but that would defy the purpose.

Anyway, perhaps some of the present Yandex users, have secret hint to share to remedy this burden?

Thanks

foggy

Valued Member
I don't presently have a Yandex account but did have one a short while back. (I only cancelled it because I was doing some "clean up," eliminating some unused account from my collection.) Anyway, there were several times where I needed to contact their customer support and I actually got a personal response in a day or two. Not bad for a company offering free services! So, you might want to tell them your problem (if you haven't already) and see what they say. Give them a few days to respond.

If you do this, be sure to report back here what they said. I'd be interested, as I have no resolution to offer you here, unfortunately.

Netscape8

Valued Member
Anyway, there were several times where I needed to contact their customer support and I actually got a personal response in a day or two. Not bad for a company offering free services! So, you might want to tell them your problem (if you haven't already) and see what they say. Give them a few days to respond.

Good point Foggy, that is what I just did today.

Since I can’t debate rationally on their SPAM system, perhaps they are ongoing upgrade, or new users are in "learning mode" from the service? Also, perhaps, they had recent issues that made them more strict for new customers, I don’t know, just guessing, because my messages are no more elaborate then simple text + link type of message. Not even a single attachment. But certainly no fun for sending, as it makes each new email, entirely unpredictable outcome.

I will certainly let you know when I hear from them. I’m sure, and hoping, this will be sorted, because they really seem like a good service.

thank you for you reply Foggy

Netscape8

Valued Member
Well, two weeks ago, early morning, and the road was stretching ahead, but then I was reminded, alas, Yandex is no more. :innocent:

No response, sadly. I though I have figured the BCC being the reason, but after consistent series, BCC was released to freedom.

It just doesn’t make sense for Spam system to be this destructive.

Netscape8

Valued Member
For some reason, I’ve left Yandex’s account alive in my client, but completely forgot about the same. Recently I’ve sent numerous emails, many with different attach per mail, and have to report - paranoid detection is no more. Whether Yandex "learning mode" is over, or they eased the rules, - couldn’t say.

But, Yandex is fully functional and useful as additional email from now on.