Yahoo! email

Discussion in 'Help Desk' started by Quin Finnegan, Dec 1, 2008.

1. Quin Finnegan

Quin Finnegan New Email

I have also been unable to access my Yahoo! email account since Friday. In the past, if I've been denied access after trying to access the account through a bookmark, I have been able to get on after bringing the web address through a search engine. When I try to do that now, I get the following message:

Safari can’t open the page “http://us.mc345.mail.yahoo.com/mc/welcome?.rand=a3fqjubpirbar” because it can’t find the server “us.mc345.mail.yahoo.com”.

(Explorer and Firefox give me something similar)

What is strange is that if I log onto Yahoo! rather than Yahoo! Mail, I am able to get on - but I still can't access my email. I can see that I have 37 new emails, and I can even see who the last three or four are from, but when I click on the envelope to get to the emails themselves, I'm denied, with the same message.

I thought that the problem must be with my computer, but after reading the message from Tominey and others, I suspect that the problem is with Yahoo! I'd like to be able to use Yahoo!, as it has a number of features I can't find elsewhere, but I can't be locked out like this for much longer.

2. popowich

popowich EQ Forum Admin Staff Member

Hi Quinn,

Would you be OK with trying the OpenDNS DNS Servers?

More information can be found here.

-Raymond

3. Quin Finnegan

Quin Finnegan New Email

Thanks, Raymond;

Maybe. After I posted my first message here, I went back and gave it another try ... and was able to access my email. After taking care of some other things, I went back to open a specific email (rather than just teh Inbox), and was denied. Very odd.

Thanks for the OpenDNS link; it may come to that. I guess I'm reluctant to fiddle with my computer's settings very much when I suspect that the problem is with Yahoo. I'm off to the library right now, so I'll see if I can access my account on a public computer.

Quin

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up (and it's free!). Click the orange sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.