why wont hotmail respond to my account recovery form

Discussion in 'Hotmail' started by zenagarfield, Jul 10, 2012.

1. zenagarfield

zenagarfield New Email

Jul 10, 2012
    hi all, around 18 months ago my hotmail account was hacked, i have a good idea as to who it was (my ex) i never thought anything of it until my current accoutn got hacked on saturday.
    i have since been able to unblock my current account, this has motivated me to try and get my old account unblocked.
    i completed a recovery account form but hotmail have not got abck to me and it has been more than 24 hourse since i received there confirmation email to say that they would look in to it.
    i now dont know what to do as there is no way of getting in touch with hotmail to ask on a progress update to recover my old account.
    any advice would be greatly appreciated.

thank you

2. popowich

popowich EQ Forum Admin Staff Member

Aug 12, 2008
    If you account was inactive and possibly deleted over a year ago I doubt it is recoverable.

The Hotmail recovery features are for accounts that have experienced a trouble within the past days or weeks, possibly months, but not over a year.

There is some more information in the guide but I don't have high hopes for it due to the amount of time that has passed :

:welcome: to Email Questions!

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up (and it's free!). Click the orange sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.