Why can't emails to the UK get through?

Discussion in 'Email Discussions' started by cryptogram, Oct 20, 2014.

1. cryptogram

cryptogram New Email

I live in the UK and had cause to request an email with an attachment from an Australian dentist. It never arrived (apparently being bounced back). Tried again - same thing. So I sent them another mail using a different address (and domain name). Same result. So asked a couple of friends in the UK if I could ask them to be recipients. They agreed and I gave the sender their addresses. But the mail never came. So I tried with a friend in Oz whose mails had always got to me previously. This time it worked.
    Further strangeness - the dentist obviously put me on his database for marketing mails and I received one of these while all this was going on. So that got through (from the address I had been using to send my messages to) but requested emails didn't.
    Does anyone have a suggestion as to why this should be?

2. popowich

popowich EQ Forum Admin Staff Member

Can you try having the dentist send you an email with only the error message (no attachments) so you can copy & paste the complete error message into this discussion?

Do the messages from the dentist only bounce back when they have an attachment?

3. cryptogram

cryptogram New Email

Well, I can ask. I'm sure they will try this. I'll get back to you.

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up (and it's free!). Click the orange sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.