Validity of an Email Address

Discussion in 'Help Desk' started by Cushman93286, Oct 19, 2011.

1. Cushman93286

Cushman93286 New Email

Hi all. First time here. I am also a computer non-nerd, so computers are a challenge.

My question is: If I send a person an email, and they don't respond, is there a way to know if the email I used is valid?

I haven't seen this family in 48 years, but through years of searching, found them and their home and email address. Been four days, and no reply yet. Do realize that it could be due to many factors. Just wanted to make sure the address I received and sent was a correct one.

Thanks for any suggestions/help. :)

Jack

2. blenheimfire

blenheimfire Valued Member

3. Cushman93286

Cushman93286 New Email

Hi all. Stephen, first of all, thanks for your response to my post.

I will try that link. Sure appreciate it.

Regards, and a great day.

Jack

4. snacks

snacks Valued Member

This seems like a great service, how accurate is it? Im guessing its better to use this then send an email and get the mail demon response!

Nice find!

5. blenheimfire

blenheimfire Valued Member

Snacks

The response generated either OK or BAD comes from the actual mail server the one your verifying a given e-mail against.. This is the most accurate response I assume you could receive. We might need to ask Popowich or someone else to confirm but I am pretty sure I am correct on this. Also check out how you can verify without using a website. How to check if an email address exists without sending an email? - PHP, Web and IT stuff

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up (and it's free!). Click the orange sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.