Useful email signatures

Discussion in 'Email Discussions' started by Big Dan, Sep 26, 2008.

1. Big Dan

Big Dan EQ Forum Moderator Staff Member

Aug 14, 2008
    What should a useful email signature contain?

Your Name and Company name (if applicable)
    Contact info (address & telephone #) if applicable
    Website URL

That is pretty much all an email signature should contain in plain text. Trust me no one needs to see a picture of your kitty or read a little ironic quote or quip in every email you send them. :)

2. popowich

popowich EQ Forum Admin Staff Member

Aug 12, 2008
    I agree. Plain text is fine too. Fancy fonts and colors are not unnecessary.

3. yukon

yukon Valued Member

Aug 13, 2008
    I like to see an email address in the signature and PHONE NUMBER. personally I despise keeping an address book. I got into this habit in the early to mid 90s when every virus out there trolled your address book. I have for at least 15 years sorted contacts by received email. If I don't know you well enough to have your phone number in my cell, it could take me as much as half an hour to find your number. I *hate* it when idiot work people shoot a one liner "hey, call me I can explain this better over the phone please" and are not kind enough to list their number . . .

ok, mini rant over :).

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up (and it's free!). Click the orange sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.