Unable to write the email to mailbox?

Discussion in 'Help Desk' started by jobamo, May 11, 2010.

1. jobamo

jobamo New Email

Hi for years I’ve always used Netscape for my mail. I log in, and it asks me for my password, and after that it says how many e-mails I have. I click on get messages and bingo I get the messages. Yesterday I logged in and when I clicked to get my messages this came up:

! Unable to write the email to mailbox. Make sure the file system allows you write privileges, and you have enough disk space to copy the mailbox.

Note: I can send e-mail but cannot get new messages. I have been going onto the Comcast web mail to get the new messages.

I’ve never seen that before and I don’t think it’s coming from Netscape. I’ve checked all my e-mail settings and they seem to be correct. I have the following:

Windows XP
    Norton 360
    Java
    I use msn for my main browser

Does anyone know why this would be doing this? I hope someone can help as I have all my email folders ect. On Netscape.
    Thanks,
    John

2. jobamo

jobamo New Email

Hi everyone! I found out why!! I had to compact my floders. Never did this in years and I guess it grew to big. After I compacted the floders I was able to "get" my mail again!!
    Have a Great Day!
    John