Unable to permanently delete message

Discussion in 'Help Desk' started by dballison09, Dec 25, 2008.

1. dballison09

dballison09 New Email

I received an e-mail message and when finished reading it, I deleted it. Then I went into the deleted trash can and tried to permanently delete it. The box said "Do you want to permanently delte the selected items?" I said "Yes". Then it said, "Some items can't be deleted. They were either moved, already deleted, or access was denied." It won't let me recover the message either. I am unable to do anything to this message from the deleted permanently folder. How can I get it off permanently?

2. popowich

popowich EQ Forum Admin Staff Member

Hello,

What e-mail program are you using?

Is it possible that a 3rd party program has locked the message?

Are you able to permanently delete it if you restart your mail program or restart the computer?

-Raymond

3. dballison09

dballison09 New Email

I'm using Yahoo e-mail. No one else could have locked the message. No, I still can't delete it when I restarted my computer. Thanks for any help you can give me.

4. popowich

popowich EQ Forum Admin Staff Member

Are you using the Classic or new Yahoo mail?

Try switching between the classic and new interfaces and see if the other interface can delete the email.

If that does not work try the steps in the yahoo mail problems guide.

-Raymond

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up (and it's free!). Click the orange sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.