Trash Box

vivienne

New Email
I used to be able to move my emails into the Trash Box and then decide when I wanted to delete them out of there, but for some reason now they are deleted without asking me if I want them deleted. I have gone into it sometimes just to check an email but they have all vanished. Does anyone know if there is a setting I can change so that they aren't deleted unless I delete them myself.

vivienne

New Email
Thanks, I will have a look into it but I don't think I have been hacked as I am sure the Trash Folder only started being different when Yahoo changed the email a few months ago.

When you say your Trash is working all right, can you delete something into the Trash folder and it will stay there until you decide you want to delete it out of the Trash folder, or do you go back and have a look and there isn't actually anything left in the Trash folder as it has automatically been deleted?

THERESA

Customer Service
I just deleted an email in my yahoo mail and it is in my trash folder. I will check in a couple of days to see if it's still there.

THERESA

Customer Service
The email that I deleted is still in my trash folder. I went through all the options in both basic and full featured and neither one mentioned anything about deleting trash automatically so I'm not sure what is happening with yours. Has it happened more than once? Have you tested it again?