takes to many clicks to get to hotmail email

liamtoh999

New Email
When we open hotmail, we get a screen that shows the emails that are in our INBOX. Within seconds, the screen we use to SEND email appears automtically. To view the emails in our INBOX, we need then to click on INBOX(xx), and the screen then goes to our INBOX and stays there while we open and view our emails. If we exit and then go back to hotmail, we get a screen, again, that shows the emails that are in our INBOX. Problem is, it shows same emails we have already viewed as being UNOPENED, as if not having been opened at all. The screen then goes to the SEND box as described above and stays there. If we then click on INBOX(xx) we get a screen that shows, properly, both new email and the older email that had been opened and read.
How can we make our hotmail go directly to the INBOX and stay there instead of going automatically to the SEND screen
Why does the INBOX screen that appears momentarily show asa unopened, the emails that he have already opened and read?

liamtoh999

New Email
we am not getting any replies to our inbox problem. am replying myself to make sure we are set up to receive replies.

sure hope someone can shed some light on this problem.

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
Hello,

This is a strange one. My first instinct is that any page changes that you are not expecting could be a sign that your computer is infected with some flavor of spyware / spamware / malware etc.

When is the last time that you scanned your computer?

What web browser and plugins do you have installed?

Which anti-virus and firewall programs do you have installed?

Which anti-spyware programs do you have installed and run regularly (every 30 days or so in addition to any real time scanning they may have)

:welcome: to Email Questions!

liamtoh999

New Email
Popowich: Thanks for the reply.
We have all the plug-ins that come automaticlly with windows xp
We use Internet Explorer
We have Charter Security Suite which scans every morning at 3:00 a.m. It occasionally finds a virus or a malware and either removes it or quarantines it.
It also always shows one file not scanned. That file is named PAGEFILE.SYS and that file is located on the C:/ Drive.
We have a lot of Music sites which I might decide to remove.
We have an External Western Digital Storage Device.

ALSO I NOW HAVE A NEW PIECE OF INFORMATION. THAT FIRST SCREEN THAT COMES UP, THE INBOX, ALWAYS SHOW THE SAME EMAILS AND THEY ARE ALL DATED THE SAME DATE, WHICH IS JULY 28 2011, SO THIS HAS BEEN HAPPENING NOW FOR ABOUT TWO WEEKS.

THANKS AGAIN FOR THE REPLY. HOPE THIS SHEDS A BIT MORE LIGHT ON WHAT IS GOING ON.

liamtoh999

New Email
I gave you a thank for the first response but for some reason my profile shows i have given no 'thanks'. I am new to this site, so forgive me. I will keep trying till i get the thanks posted