Stopping scam/spam mails

Discussion in 'Email Discussions' started by flornes, Jun 9, 2011.

1. flornes

flornes New Email

Jun 9, 2011

I have a question for you that I hope you can help or give me some tips on how to stop some spam mails.

I get scam/spam mails from the same sender every day, up to 2-5 copies of the same mail each time i open outlook, this is very annoying.

I use Gmail as a backup mail which has all of my emails stored with a 2-step authenticator active.
    But for registration on websites for games or things like that I use Hotmail, just so I dont get overunned by emails on my primary email domain.

One of the scam mails i get 2-5 Times a day is from Blizzard Entertainment which you have probably heard about.
    On ive blocked the entire domain including the hole email like but still when I have this blocked, mail from still comes in to my inbox. How can I stop these from comming in?

I think the problem is that since the sender is using pishing mail they can overrun the block since its not really that is sending the emails, but still how can I get around this?

Thanks for any tips you can give me!

Kind regards
    A norwegian email-fanatic

2. Marcia99

Marcia99 New Email

Sep 25, 2011

popowich EQ Forum Admin Staff Member

Aug 12, 2008
    Hi flornes (A norwegian email-fanatic) :)

Are you sure that you created the blacklist properly? Do you have, or not have, a * in front of the @blizzard as needed?

Is your outlook pulling email from the Hotmail or the Gmail account?

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up (and it's free!). Click the orange sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.