Secure your Yahoo Mail - Turn on Second Sign-In Verification

Discussion in 'Yahoo Mail' started by popowich, Jul 29, 2012.

1. popowich

popowich EQ Forum Admin Staff Member

Hello,

Yahoo Mail users can prevent their accounts from being compromised due to spyware or phishing scams by enabling the new second login verification.

To enable second login verification:
    yahoo mail second sign-in verification.JPG
    • Check the box to enable second sign-in verification
    further protect your account.JPG
    • Follow the on screen directions; I used my existing phone number
    use current phone.JPG
    • A few second later your phone will receive a code. Type it in and click the verify button.
    second sign-in verification code.JPG
    • If you type the code correct you will be greeted with a success message
    Yahoo second sign-in success.JPG
    This is a great time to review the rest of the information on the page and verify your phone numbers and security questions & answers.

If your account has already been compromised and you need to recover it please see this guide - Yahoo - How to recover a lost password / How to regain control of a hacked account | Email Questions

After turning on 2 step login verification you will need to create an application password for any mail programs that don't support multi-factor authentication:

How to create an application password in Yahoo Mail (yahoo keeps asking for my password) | Email Questions

Last edited: May 30, 2015

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up (and it's free!). Click the orange sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.