Safe-mail.net is down for critical maintainance (maintenance)

JackJones

Valued Member
Must contact Dark Web to register for an account. Safe-Mail 3 MB...Dark Web 2 MB. Premium is $5.95 bitcoin for 1 year. I am with Gindan on this one.

Noticed Safe-Mail is registered until October or November 2017. They will resurface someday in the future. :innocent:
By the way Jack J, hope you didn't eat all the popcorn.
I am saving the popcorn for the great unveiling of the new and improved (hopefully) safe mail. Mind if it isn't back by the 21st of this month I might just eat it but will ask whoever wants to come from here around after I did get the large sharing size

rradam

Valued Member
Also, if you want to get to that site from the US, you are getting routed through Russia's best pals over in the Ukraine. Crazy world we live in, but we digress.

JackJones

Valued Member
Also, if you want to get to that site from the US, you are getting routed through Russia's best pals over in the Ukraine. Crazy world we live in, but we digress.
I think that we are all starting to digress in an attempt to while away the hours as we wait for safe mail to come back.

s joss

New Email
Wow...didn't know it's been down that long. I've used safemail to buy goods...guess maybe I'll try sending a message through PayPal?!?!:hammer:

checho

New Email
update: Sat Nov 7 15:15 EST 2015

Looks like they really will be back @some point..

"We are very sorry. The current safe-mail service downtime is a major event, we should learn from it and come out with a much better service for our loyal users.
About 18 month ago we have switched our hosting company as we felt that our previous hosting service was not as good as we would like it to be.
During the last year we have suffered from an increasing level of abuse and attacks of many types. Eventually we had to stop automatic self-registration and require a mail request to open a free account.
For several months we are in the process of transferring users' data to new and better equipment, as a result about 90% of our users will not lose any data. The rest may suffer a minimal loss of messages sent or received just before the crash (hours up to a few days).
We think that this is not good enough. During this downtime we already replaced most of our hardware and install new operating system. All this was done not long before we intend to do that, but under the pressure of shutdown.
As soon as the system is functioning, we intend to start building a separate system dedicated to our Premium users.
This system will have full redundancy and could continue working even if the Free sub-system will need to shut down."

rradam

Valued Member
Sat Nov 7 15:15 EST 2015

We are sorry! Safe-mail is not ready yet.
Safe-mail.net is down for critical maintainance.

We are very sorry. The current safe-mail service downtime is a major event, we should learn from it and come out with a much better service for our loyal users.
About 18 month ago we have switched our hosting company as we felt that our previous hosting service was not as good as we would like it to be.
During the last year we have suffered from an increasing level of abuse and attacks of many types. Eventually we had to stop automatic self-registration and require a mail request to open a free account.
For several months we are in the process of transferring users' data to new and better equipment, as a result about 90% of our users will not lose any data. The rest may suffer a minimal loss of messages sent or received just before the crash (hours up to a few days).
We think that this is not good enough. During this downtime we already replaced most of our hardware and install new operating system. All this was done not long before we intend to do that, but under the pressure of shutdown.
As soon as the system is functioning, we intend to start building a separate system dedicated to our Premium users.
This system will have full redundancy and could continue working even if the Free sub-system will need to shut down.
Wed Nov 4 03:20 EST 2015

• The Safe-mail.net system suffered a major storage hardware crash.
      Much of the Safe-mail.net system is now renewed. Most of the users' data was not affected by the crash, as we already moved it to a new system during the last few months.
      Once the system is functioning again, most of the hardware (and operating system) will be new.
    • We salvaged additional data from the crashed storage.
      About 8% of users' data need to be recovered from the Backup system. Accounts that will be restored from the Backup system may loose the last few hours of activity before the crash.
      About 80% of user's data is not affected by the crash, as we already moved it to a new system during the last few months.
      The rest is either to be salvaged from the crashed storage, or will be restored from the Backup system.
  1. At this time we will permanently remove about 250,000 user accounts that were involved in activity which violates the Safe-mail.net Agreement and policy.
    Note: Only those who violates our policy will be deleted. Most accounts are not affected.

2. Free web based registration to Safe-mail.net will not be available.
    Free accounts will be opened by sending a request to Safe-mail.net.

3. In the near future, separate subsystems will be used for Free and Premium accounts.
    This will enable better service and even enable shutdown of the Free subsystem without affecting the Premium users.

Further information will be published.

Johny Walker

New Email
Must contact Dark Web to register for an account. Safe-Mail 3 MB...Dark Web 2 MB. Premium is $5.95 bitcoin for 1 year. I am with Gindan on this one.

Noticed Safe-Mail is registered until October or November 2017. They will resurface someday in the future. :innocent:
By the way Jack J, hope you didn't eat all the popcorn.

Fair enough...but I think from security pov its quite good to request register... this will keep tom dick and hairy away...also bitcoin payment safer than cc traceability.
Incidently had one of my contacts contact from DDW mail address...so guess many are moving away from safemail.

Thank you SafeMail..I've been with you for many years, but I need my mail!

JackJones

Valued Member
I have been using safe mail for years but will probably move from it when my account is next due for renewal as there have been problems for quite a while now. And while safe-mail has started informing us of things they did leave us hanging for a while and we have no idea still of how much longer all this will take.

Plunar

New Email
Gah!
safe-mail has been down for aaaaaages:confused:
what are they doing with it:mad:
should it really take quite this long to sort out whatever it is?o_O
have they decided there's no need to hurry because they probably lost most of their customers now anyway?:(

GeorgIII

New Email
Sat Nov 7 15:15 EST 2015

We are sorry! Safe-mail is not ready yet.
Safe-mail.net is down for critical maintainance.

We are very sorry. The current safe-mail service downtime is a major event, we should learn from it and come out with a much better service for our loyal users.
This system will have full redundancy and could continue working even if the Free sub-system will need to shut down.
Wed Nov 4 03:20 EST 2015

Much of the Safe-mail.net system is now renewed. Most of the users' data was not affected by the crash, as we already moved it to a new system during the last few months.
      Once the system is functioning again, most of the hardware (and operating system) will be new.
    • We salvaged additional data from the crashed storage.
      About 8% of users' data need to be recovered from the Backup system. Accounts that will be restored from the Backup system may loose the last few hours of activity before the crash.
      About 80% of user's data is not affected by the crash, as we already moved it to a new system during the last few months.
      The rest is either to be salvaged from the crashed storage, or will be restored from the Backup system.
  1. At this time we will permanently remove about 250,000 user accounts that were involved in activity which violates the Safe-mail.net Agreement and policy.
    Note: Only those who violates our policy will be deleted. Most accounts are not affected.

2. Free web based registration to Safe-mail.net will not be available.
    Free accounts will be opened by sending a request to Safe-mail.net.

3. In the near future, separate subsystems will be used for Free and Premium accounts.
    This will enable better service and even enable shutdown of the Free subsystem without affecting the Premium users.
Further information will be published.

Hello,

you are saying that Free accounts need to send a request to get opened again. But how can I send a request to safe-mail.net?
Thx

JackJones

Valued Member
Hello,

you are saying that Free accounts need to send a request to get opened again. But how can I send a request to safe-mail.net?
Thx
it doesn't read like that to me I think that they are saying that in future to open a new Free safe mail account you will have to request this and surely they will have a contact button or an email address for you to do so.

Tball

New Email
Has anyone tried calling customer service recently? If so, did they provide a time frame of service restoration?

JackJones

Valued Member
maybe safe-mail will give us more of an idea in their next update in the time scale mind it would be quicker if they deleted all the user accounts that violated policy after they had everything up and running again as at this rate they wont have any accounts left as people will leave with them being down so long.
Yes a lot of us use this email provider to do transactions that we wouldn't want going through our normal email provider but it doesn't mean we are carrying out activity on the darknet. I have never bought or sold on the darknet nor am I interested in doing so - used to sell on Topix -or sent spam, but sounds like safe-mail is making sure we all aren't carrying out illegal activities on there or by now surely they would have isolated the "bad boy" users and deleted at their hearts content once the site was working again. After all if there is all this activity that violates their policy then surely a few more days of it wouldn't matter too much unless they have been approached by higher authorities and told get rid. Beginning to sound like safe-mail has been told to clean up their act by removing those people that the FBI etc have deemed as being involved in illegal activities and I wonder how much info has been passed over to these authorities like credit cards etc used to pay safe-mail.
Now how many of us are wondering if we will be getting a knock on the door in the future...

Plunar

New Email
Possibly safe-mail have deleted accounts which seemed to be involved in spamming (based on the volume of emails sent) ?
I doubt they've inspected the email content of 250, 000 accounts to determine which one's were involved in 'darkweb acivity'

or they've lost 250k accounts and claiming that those accounts were 'dodgy' seemed like a good cover for the slip up?

paid for and/or encrypted email services appear to be magnets for hackers and blackmailers right now....maybe safemail is just taking shelter from the storm?

who knows?

JackJones

Valued Member
Possibly safe-mail have deleted accounts which seemed to be involved in spamming (based on the volume of emails sent) ?
I doubt they've inspected the email content of 250, 000 accounts to determine which one's were involved in 'darkweb acivity'

or they've lost 250k accounts and claiming that those accounts were 'dodgy' seemed like a good cover for the slip up?

paid for and/or encrypted email services appear to be magnets for hackers and blackmailers right now....maybe safemail is just taking shelter from the storm?

who knows?
I like that theory that they managed to lose 250,000 accounts. I do know there are a lot of spammers on safe mail and have been the target of many myself - averaging about 30 to 50 a day before safe-mail went down, it drove me crazy and my allowance would have been eaten up if I was away for a week I reckon. And most people selling on darkweb don't use safe-mail though buyers might. However, back to the 250,000 accounts and your idea that safe-mail may have lost them well then that could explain the delay as they try to get them all back. Don't tell the users in case they start demanding their money back? Just hope that of the accounts we have lost there were people who would probably think that their activity did not confirm with our policy codes... OMG I bought drugs from India so I could have breached that code...
Sorry safe-mail buying some drugs is legal though paypal who faints at the word aspirin would not be happy to hear that there are legal drugs as for it all drugs are illegal. Ever tried getting your pets medication without paying a huge vets bill and in some countries prescription charges are so high that why not import your drugs. And that is just one area of what could be perceived as illegal by overly cautious types. Is spamming illegal? I do know that for the recipients it is highly annoying as who wants all that stuff cluttering up your junk folder, inbox or whatever. Please spammers stop trying to get me to click on a link as I don't and please stop offering me erectile dysfunction stuff as I know legit sellers who won't scam me, but back to losing 250,000 accounts oops now that is careless...

Plunar

New Email
Is spamming illegal?
I'm not sure but what safe mail say is
At this time we will permanently remove about 250,000 user accounts that were involved in activity which violates the Safe-mail.net Agreement and policy.
Note: Only those who violate our policy will be deleted. Most accounts are not affected

they dont say which aspects of the policy have been violated and they dont mention illegal activity....those who are worrying about the FBI are surely adding two and two and getting an unfeasibly high number?