rejction notice but didn't send it to THAT address

Discussion in 'Help Desk' started by capricorn011959, Apr 16, 2010.

1. capricorn011959

capricorn011959 New Email

I am sending emails to a friend's current email address which is a comcast email. I am getting a Delivery Notification telling me the email could not be delivered to her OLD hotmail address. I'm not sending it to her old hotmail address. I called her and the email is going thru to her comcast address. This just started 2 days ago. Why am I getting this failur delivery notification?

2. popowich

popowich EQ Forum Admin Staff Member

Hello,

It sounds like they might have their comcast address forwarding to the Hotmail address.

If you copy and paste the complete bounce message into a reply we can help you confirm if this is the problem.

-Raymond

3. capricorn011959

capricorn011959 New Email

I thought of the forwarding thing, and checked with her .... She says no because she closed her hotmail account QUITE some time ago and hasn't used it in months/years. This just started happening a few days ago. Thanks for checking this. Below is the reject email and a copy of the attachment (my orig email to her):

-------------------

To: capricorn011959@hotmail.com
    Date: Sat, 17 Apr 2010 03:07:54 -0700
    Subject: Delivery Status Notification (Failure)

This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification.

Delivery to the following recipients failed.

cjcalv@hotmail.com

--Forwarded Message Attachment--
    To: cj_calvelage@comcast.net
    Subject: RE: smash-n-grab at my hotel
    Date: Sat, 17 Apr 2010 06:06:09 -0400
    .ExternalClass .ecxhmmessage P{padding:0px;}.ExternalClass body.ecxhmmessage{font-size:10pt;font-family:Verdana;}I agree.

4. popowich

popowich EQ Forum Admin Staff Member

This really sounds like either your contact has 2 email addresses associated with them or the comcast account is forwarding at least a copy of the email to their hotmail account. Double check both places again.

-Raymond

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up (and it's free!). Click the orange sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.