Re: Virus on Hotmail

Discussion in 'Help Desk' started by sarah woodward, Feb 17, 2014.

1. sarah woodward

sarah woodward New Email

Hi.. My Hotmail Account sarahwoodward5@hotmail.com seems to have a virus as asks me to confirm account as someone is using? But can only confirm with an old phone number which no longer exists! Then im asked to fill out a document for security which asks for Bank Details,Passwords!! Something not right..How can I continue with this Hotmail address when I can not log in!!

2. seedy

seedy Valued Member

Why can't you simply enter your high school name, which is one of the 3 security questions it asks?

3. popowich

popowich EQ Forum Admin Staff Member

If she is getting email asking about bank details it's probably a phishing scam email that should be reported as spam/phishing/junk and be deleted.

Do not ever reply to or click links that ask for your personal information including passwords and bank account information.

Here is information about getting back a Hotmail password:

http://www.emailquestions.com/hotma...l-password-regain-control-hacked-account.html

:welcome: to Email Questions!

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up (and it's free!). Click the orange sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.