Question about email login

dianariggs

New Email
I've been getting a message to change my password right before I login to my Yahoo email. I did a similar change on ebay and my account was hacked and taken over so therefore I am very leary of any messages that are similar.

Now the login message about changing my password is not allowing me to go on and login with my original password and is informing me that I must change all my passwords on all my devices.

Is this a legit request from Yahoo or is it a hackers way of obtaining my info like my ebay incident???????? I cannot get into my email account now.

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
Yes, sometimes the Yahoo webmail does prompt users to change their password. They have had a couple security incidents in the news this year.

Can you take a screen shot? With a screen shot we can help you identify if it's a legit message or not that you're receiving. Be careful of phishing emails tat are designed to steal your password.

If your account has been compromised, check this link for the Yahoo account recovery options - Yahoo - How to recover a lost password / How to regain control of a hacked account