Protect your kids from the ills of internet

joolis

Blacklisted
My teenaged son has his won email account. I would like to have access to his account so that I am aware of all his communication he has with his friends and also the rest of his internet activities. I am on the lookout for one such email service provider who will give me this facility.

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
Hello,

First off I'm not a total fan of monitoring 100% percent of activity, but if you are going to monitor them I'd at least let your son know you can see what he is doing, but not tell him how you are doing it. An example of a way to see what they type (not read) is this hardware keystroke logger. One of the benefits is that it can not be detected or removed by anti-spyware programs which may be a problem for software solutions. It's easy to create an email accounts with a variety of service providers so I don't believe finding one that will let you snoop will help since they can simply create additional email accounts that would not be monitoring.

-Raymond

Viols

Blacklisted
kidsemail.org has all the answers you are looking for. Kidsemail is a child-friendly email service provider which allows guardians to have complete control over their child’s email account. It has some very novel features like it emails a copy of incoming and outgoing messages to the parent, allows a parent to approve or deny any mail sent by the child, allows children to send mails only to those in their contact list. And last but not the least it creates separate passwords for the child and parent for the account, so that parents can have a look at the account without the child knowing it.

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
Hello,

Looks interesting for younger children but how does this solve the problem for a teenager who is most likely more computer savvy and knows how to create a gmail account for unmonitored personal use? I guess this all boils down to know what your kids are doing on the internet, talk about the dangers, and have an understanding that if there are problems the computer access will disappear. Keeping the computer in a public location and not their bedroom is a good idea. The teens are getting into sexting (not sure what the term is for that over email besides illegal) and creating an account like the above won't stop them from creating another email account and using that for talking with their friends. That's why I originally made a hardware solution recommendation that could be used for monitoring but won't be detected by the teen if they check to see what programs are running or run an anti-spyware program.

-Raymond