Problems Syncing Contacts Through Yahoo Mail App..??

NorPlan

New Email
:hammer: Using iPad and Syncing Contacts.. To begin have no problems going through Apple Mail App to bring up Desired Contact Automatically after typing a couple letters.. My original Yahoo Mail which I access through the Yahoo Homepage & Gmail Acct. will co-operate accordingly.. Added a New Yahoo Mail Acct. using the New Yahoo Mail App.. Unable to Sync, have gone through Settings on my iPad following prompts and at a loss why it won't Sync ?? Cannot Add Contacts through the New Yahoo Mail App.. Tried going through Yahoo H/P won't let me Add a New Contact.. Thoughts & Ideas Appreciated, Cheers Thanks...

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
Do you get an error message when trying to save a new contact in the yahoo mail app?

Before continuing, trying powering of your ipad and turning it back on.

The power cycle has a way of fixing a lot of problems with iOS devices and is a good place to start before tinkering with your settings.

NorPlan

New Email
:thanks::thanks:
Do you get an error message when trying to save a new contact in the yahoo mail app?

Before continuing, trying powering of your ipad and turning it back on.

The power cycle has a way of fixing a lot of problems with iOS devices and is a good place to start before tinkering with your settings.

:oops::rolleyes: @popowich .. Thanks for the Comeback.. Basically through my iPad went to Settings and Synced Contacts, had added a New Contact in my Apple Mail App recently.. The Contact is in my Gmail Acct.. Why I don't know but can't add New Contacts through my Yahoo Mail App.. My Old Yahoo Mail Acct. through the Yahoo Homepage , No Problems.. When I attempt to Composs an email typing in a couple letters of desired contact it won't come up.. That is my Query :innocent:. btw... I tried Powering Down , No Change..

NorPlan

New Email
Hi Norplan,

Have you tried setting up your Yahoo account via iOS's Accounts area? I'm thinking that just the Yahoo mail app only syncs contacts one way. Contacts are only synced to the device but not from the device to Yahoo mail.

Take a look at this tutorial on Yahoo for setting up Yahoo mail, contact, and calendar sync via iOS's built in tools. Helpcentral | SLN14840 - Sync Yahoo Calendar and Yahoo Contacts with iOS devices

:innocent: Yep 10-4 1st time around when I couldn't sync through the Yahoo Mail App , I went through Settings and the iOS route, everything appeared to by fine, it's the latest addition that is Hic Uping Here's the thing, I had added a New Contact through my Apple Mail App, my original Yahoo Mail Acct. & my Gmail Acct. found it after just typing in a couple letters the rest came up Automatically.. Composing an Email through my Yahoo Mail App , Nope Nauda..

NorPlan

New Email
:innocent::hammer:... Tried Removing / Rebooting Yahoo Mail App. Editing New Contact ( Source of HicUp).. Have gone at it from every possible angle / avenue... Unless I'm Missing Something , Tripping Over it and Can't See, The Problem seems to be the New Yahoo Mail App... For one thing No Provision to Add a New Contact, have to do the Back Door approach if you will..lol.. :eek:

Big Dan

EQ Forum Moderator
:innocent: Ok.... How about this On My iPad , How can I Export Contacts from Yahoo #1 to Import Contacts to Yahoo #2 ??
Sorry for the delay I forgot all about this thread. :oops:

It's simple to do on a computer. Go to the old Yahoo #1 account in your browser > click the contacts icon > check off all contacts with the check all box on top of the list > use the actions menu to export them to "Yahoo CSV". Sign out or open a different browser and sign into Yahoo #2 go to contacts > Actions > Import and select the file you just downloaded from account #1.

As for doing it on an iPad I have no clue. Usually there's a forced mobile view that's lacking features - I doubt it would support contact import/export.

:innocent: Yep 10-4 1st time around when I couldn't sync through the Yahoo Mail App , I went through Settings and the iOS route, everything appeared to by fine, it's the latest addition that is Hic Uping Here's the thing, I had added a New Contact through my Apple Mail App, my original Yahoo Mail Acct. & my Gmail Acct. found it after just typing in a couple letters the rest came up Automatically.. Composing an Email through my Yahoo Mail App , Nope Nauda..
What about exporting your Yahoo contacts following the above steps then importing them into your Gmail contacts? Those should then sync to to the iPad/iPhone.

Other than that I'm fresh out of suggestions. I don't use Yahoo's services very often.