problem signing in from ipad

bwillia1

Valued Member
i just got a new ipad and was asked for secondary password which i never setup. my old ipad signed in perfectly. any fix or workaround short of just setting up the secondary password?

SCRYPTmail

Email Service Provider
Yeah, its a tough one. So there is two things, first one is old safari is working without any problem, however new version have some weirdest bug, that cause decryption to fail, i.e script checking for decryption to be successful, and if not, it asks for a second password. It is what you actually experiencing. To make things even more interesting same issue goes away on desktop version of safari, if developer tools are open. You can read more about the issue at: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/5022036?start=0&tstart=0
Bottom line there is no substitution at the moment for twofish ecnryption in javasript, which we use to protect users private keys, and to fix it right away, I will need to weaken our encryption protocol, use two round AES 256 instead of one round of AES and one round of twofish. Other option it would be to use G chrome or firefox.