PrivacyHarbor.com service?

jcadow

New Email
Hi, Peops -

I recommended PrivacyHarbor to a tax accountant. It's tax time and he's having problems with his account - clients messages are bouncing, others don't bounce but he never receives them.

PrivacyHarbor's FAQ page says there should be a Support link in his inbox page that leads to a Chat option, but there's no such thing. Their problemReport page says "You should receive a response within one business day," but the 2 messages he sent to support (one a month ago, one 3 days ago) have gone unanswered.

That's pretty crappy reliability and customer service for a paid account. He doesn't have the "Executive" level but still, he should be getting SOME response.

Does anyone else have experience with this firm? Or know if they were recently acquired by a profit-taking, company-killing giant?

Thanks.

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
Hello,

I'm working on making a connection to Privacy Harbor so they can respond to your concerns.

:welcome: to Email Questions!

I would like to hear back if you find ANY information about how to contact anyone at privacyharbor.com or what exactly is going on. I am currently in a panic over being unable to connect to the website and I have very important emails and correspondence and information saved in my email! I found a phone number over the internet, but it is just a generic voicemail box (which is full). Please help - Thank you very much.

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
The last change to their DNS registration was on 01-Mar-12

As of right now (March 13, 2012) none of their DNS servers are responding.

I'm still working on trying to make a connection to someone within Privacy Harbor who may be able to comment on the situation.

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
In the last hour their DNS servers changed - Last Updated on: 13-Mar-12

An hour ago one of the servers was NS1.SNAPBUILD.COM

Now I'm seeing :

Domain servers in listed order:
NS1.PRIVACYHARBOR.COM
NS1.DIDITGETTHERE.COM

Yes, it looks like someone just fixed something ;)

-Ray

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
Hello,

It could take a little while for your ISP to pick up the DNS changes.

Try rebooting your computer (lazy way to clear your local dns cache)

If that doesn't work and you really want to get there now try using some of these free DNS resolvers :

OpenDNS :

Google Public DNS :

Settings -> Control panel -> network connections-> local area connection -> tcp/ip settings

If you are not comfortable with those changes it's best to wait and you should be able to get there soon.

raymondjtoth

New Email
cant get email last emails i got was on 3/18/2012 and then it stopped getting email ever since i havent goten then called support on phone mail box is full emailed support no responce email the dns register person no responce what i do to get this fixed thanks so much sorry bad spellind im austic person and i would like to get this fixed so can get my email with them what i do about to throw pc out windows and tar my hear out of my head been months since i gotten email with them isp tested with noc and head end my forward to there yahoo and gmail acc somthing:mad: on privacyharbor end stopping it

bburg

Valued Member
Send a test mail to my privacyharbor account yesterday. Took more than 19 hours to arrive. :( A reply was nearly instantly.

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
This morning I posted a question about the recent service issues on their Facebook page and it was deleted a couple hours later.

None of their customer service & support email contacts or their social Facebook, Twitter, or LinkedIn contacts are responding.

If anyone gets any sort of response from a representative from Privacy Harbor please copy and paste it into a reply to this discussion.

raymondjtoth

New Email
ok tested it with my gmail to my privacyharbor email still no email at all from my gmail to my privacyharbor email what going on thanks hope can get a hold of them

bburg

Valued Member
ok tested it with my gmail to my privacyharbor email still no email at all from my gmail to my privacyharbor email what going on thanks hope can get a hold of them
Sent also a test message from my gmail account to my (free) privacyharbor account. Will post back here when it arrives.

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
private message said:
i dont get any email coming in to that email at all they just push them and then it stops looks like server end not sending the incoming email to my email inbox

A checked the Privacy Harbor mail servers with a valid test address.

Privacy Harbor has two MX records :

;; ANSWER SECTION:
privacyharbor.com. 86400 IN MX 10 mail.privacyharbor.com.
privacyharbor.com. 86400 IN MX 20 mx2.privacyharbor.com.

The primary MX 10 mail.privacyharbor.com. accepts the start of incoming SMTP connections but doesn't even get the point where it sends a 220 response. This is going to be a problem since most senders will eventually treat this as a timeout and not try the MX 20.

> telnet mail.privacyharbor.com 25
Trying 198.145.116.236...
Connected to mail.privacyharbor.com.
Escape character is '^]'.
{dead hang for over 60 seconds}

The MX 20 is OK. It's unknown yet if this can deliver an email to an inbox or is nothing more than a mail backup / spooling server if the primary MX is down.

> telnet mx2.privacyharbor.com 25
Trying 198.145.116.229...
Connected to mx2.privacyharbor.com.
Escape character is '^]'.
220 mx2.privacyharbor.com ESMTP Postfix
helo emailquestions.com
250 mx2.privacyharbor.com
mail from:<test-address@emailquestions.com>
250 2.1.0 Ok
rcpt to:<valid-username@privacyharbor.com>
250 2.1.5 Ok
data
354 End data with <CR><LF>.<CR><LF>
Please reply to {my gmail} from Email Questions if you receive this email
250 2.0.0 Ok: queued as DBDAA9EE937
quit
221 2.0.0 Bye

It will be interesting to see if that email was delivered or eventually bounces back to me.

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
My best suggestion at this point is that if enough people reply with a complaint here maybe it will convince a representative of Privacy Harbor to reply with a current status of their service and when they think it will be working again.