Phone e mail

Discussion in 'Email Discussions' started by compleo, Nov 30, 2015.

1. compleo

compleo Valued Member

Don't know anything about cell phones.Can i install any e mail provider on the phone like i do on the computer.

2. popowich

popowich EQ Forum Admin Staff Member

No, not all email services support some combination of pop3, imap, and/or app provided by the service that can be used to get that email services's email on your phone.

3. compleo

compleo Valued Member

OK,any suggestions,how does one install an e mail on a smart phone.I'm trying to avoid dealing with the ISP for security reasons.

4. popowich

Download from the app stone on your phone. Do you care which service? The free services such as Gmail, Yahoo, and Outlook have them. So do some of the encrypted such as Tutanota. Do you have a iPhone or an android?

5. compleo

compleo Valued Member

It's a Samsung smart phone,don't know if it's a iPhone or an android,how can i tell which one? The service is Verizon.

6. popowich

It looks like Samsung is Android, so you're looking for the app called "Google Play" to find and download new apps for your phone.

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up (and it's free!). Click the orange sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.