Not able to reset password because hacker changed everything

Discussion in 'Help Desk' started by snowball1234, Feb 8, 2012.

1. snowball1234

snowball1234 New Email

I use 2 accounts in hotmail and one of them I only use occasionally for facebook.
    My facebook was hacked today, and my email- and when I went to reset my password, the email they were going to send the new password to, is one I do not recognize. So the hacker changed everything.

So I tried to do the other option and fill in the little questionnaire- but a lot of the questions I didnt know (what was the last subject line...ect) because I only use the account for facebook and actually do not use it often.

I am not sure what to do!
    Is there a different way to verify my information? or any way to delete the account.

2. popowich

popowich EQ Forum Admin Staff Member

Hi snowball1234,

Answer with the best information that you have available even if it's a little vague such as "the email account should only have been receiving facebook notifications and spam before it was compromised".

Also, here is a discussion on hacked Hotmail accounts that may give you some more ideas for getting the account back :

http://www.emailquestions.com/hotma...l-password-regain-control-hacked-account.html

:welcome: to Email Questions!

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up (and it's free!). Click the orange sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.