need help not able to configure my Microsoft outlook with my yahoo free e-mail

Discussion in 'Help Desk' started by Logistik, Jun 1, 2009.

1. Logistik

Logistik New Email

Hi, i would really appreciate if you could help me to find out why i m not able to finalize the configuration of my free yahoo e-mail to my microsot outlook 2007.

in the configuration: the steps: Establish network and Search for my yahoo e-mail server completed but the 3rd step: Log on to server and send a test e-mail message, is not working, always requesting me: Enter Network Password. knowing that my user name and password are filled in & correct.

my location is Lebanon.

Thank you in advance and looking to hear from you soon.

souha

2. popowich

popowich EQ Forum Admin Staff Member

3. Logistik

Logistik New Email

hi,

Thanks for your quick respond.

my yahoo email account is at yahoo.com
    no i didn't try YPOP coz i read the comments that it will not work with microsoft outlook 2007.

thank you once again for your help & support and looking forward to hear from you.

Regards,
    Souha

4. popowich

popowich EQ Forum Admin Staff Member

Hello,

It is not possible to connect to a Yahoo.com account without either installing YPOPS (warning: it does not work for everyone) or upgrading your account to a Yahoo Mail Plus account. You will need to do one or the other to get pop3 access to your Yahoo.com account.

-Raymond

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up (and it's free!). Click the orange sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.