Logging Into AOL

Discussion in 'Help Desk' started by DeanHenneberg, Mar 20, 2010.

1. DeanHenneberg

DeanHenneberg New Email

I have been having problems logging into AOL off and on for weeks now. When I try to log in, I get this message:

This is what it says on the left side of the screen right after I try to login to AOL:

We're reinventing ourselves... Welcome to a different AOL.
    We're in the process of offering all of our content and many of our services for free - with or without an AOL internet connection.
    Our first change - from now on, you no longer need to be an AOL member to take advantage of a free AOL® Mail account. You can access your mail at AOL.com or by using our software, which is also now available free to everyone.
    It's your choice. Get free AOL Mail
    More exciting features launching soon, including:

* Comprehensive safety and security tools that protect your entire PC and work with or without the AOL software - for free
    * A new AOL video experience with access to millions of high quality videos and the most powerful video search on the web - for free
    * Your own personalized email address: you@thenameyouwant.com - for free
    * New software that is more than a browser - it's a breakthrough four-pane design that will revolutionize the way you use the Internet - for free

Please read our Terms of Service to learn more about your rights and responsibilities as a registered user. Our Privacy Policy will explain how we collect and use information that you share with us.

Has anyone else ever encountered this? What do I do? :yay:

2. popowich

popowich EQ Forum Admin Staff Member

3. DeanHenneberg

DeanHenneberg New Email

I cannot get past it into my AOL Mail account, exactly. There is a button I can click on but it just takes me back to the AOL main page.

4. popowich

Have you tried a different web browser? If you normally use Internet Explorer try Mozilla Firefox, or the other way around.

5. DeanHenneberg

DeanHenneberg New Email

I don't know if this is related or not, but I did a boot up scan with Avast and it did find one corrupt file. No viruses or trojans, just the one corrupt file.

6. popowich

I doubt it's related, but out of curiosity what was the file name?

7. DeanHenneberg

DeanHenneberg New Email

Apparently it had something to do with Mozilla Firefox, because I just got the latest Mozilla Firefox updated, (3.6.2) and now I'm not having any problems whatsoever!

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up (and it's free!). Click the orange sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.