Locked Out of Hotmail

wsrussel

New Email
The last 3 times (prior to the most recent time) that I logged into my Hotmail account, the software indicated it didn't recognize the computer I was logging in from, and wanted to know if it was public or private. Each time, I indicated it was private as this is the computer I have been using for years.

This last time I tried to log in, the software said I needed to be sent a security code which was to be e-mailed to the other e-mail address I had provided when I first established the account. Unfortunately, I no longer have that e-mail address, as I no longer have service through the cable TV provider that I had it through (additionally, they are no longer in business).

I provided a new alternate e-mail address to send the code to, and entered it as requested. The software then indicated if I didn't allow another code to be sent to the non-existent cable TV account, that I will have to wait 30 days to access my Hotmail account! :mad:

I have been Google'ing to no avail to find a Hotmail customer service number to get this issue resolved, as I cannot afford to wait a month to access my e-mail account.

How do I get in touch with someone to get this issue resolved?

Thank you so very much for any help you might be able to provide.

wsrussel

New Email
Thanks for the response. :) Unfortunately, when I first established the Hotmail account (many years ago), I didn't have my mobile number, and therefore didn't register it. The software is only allowing the option of waiting a month, and that isn't really an option.

Additionally, I tried calling the number (1.800.386.5550) in the hacked e-mail post to no avail. They won't answer if you don't have a paid support account number. Also, the windows live help links don't work either. I'm getting ready to send an e-mail to both of the Microsoft e-mail addresses listed there to see if anyone will respond.