Is Safe Mail Down? (safe-mail.net)

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
If you have an account that has not been restored yet it should be working by sometime tomorrow July 2nd.

Tue Jun 30 10:21:40 EDT 2015
Attention all users:
We would like to apologize for the last system failure and explain what was the cause and how we intend to avoid these problems.
We do understand the frustration and disappointment of our users. One goal of Safe-mail.net is availability at any time. We failed to deliver all-time availability.
As a relatively small group that only exists from user payments, we especially thank all our Premium users.

What is the current status of the Safe-mail.net system?
About 85% of our users should be fully operational and hundreds are restored every minute. There is no data loss though it is possible that messages sent to Safe-mail.net users were returned or are lost. Some messages were received after delay.

What was the reason for this failure?
An unexpected technical failure caused the whole system to be unavailable during most of Sunday, 28th of June. Once the problem was resolved, some users data was not ready immediately, and they should be recovered. The process of recovering will continue until all users data will be restored. We expect to finish during Thursday, 2nd of July.
New hardware and software will be installed during the coming few weeks in order to enhance system stability.

jao

New Email
Today June 28, 2015 the DNS for Safe Mail is OK but the site is not available. Both port 80 and 443 are not responding.

> telnet www.safe-mail.net 443
Trying 212.29.227.230...
---
Safe-mail.net DOWN again (some of it) cant access my premium account. tested an old free one , worked. Tryed send internial mail to support..

Date: Monday, 20 Jul 2015 19:40
Ref: N1-9-sxeowO66
Subject: AGAIN?
The mail was sent to:
Recipient Type Status
To support@Safe-mail.net
ico_unread_local.gif
Local user Not delivered (recipient's Inbox is full)

so support got full inbox, this Safe-mail starts stink, was a good thing back in late 90's

zman67

New Email
Is anyone else having problems signing into safe mail? It keeps telling me my password is wrong on all 3 of my accounts. Even when I sign a new account up, it says it. WTH? I'm getting tired of it screwing up. I have important info in there I need.

MissyDiv

New Email
Is anyone else having problems signing into safe mail? It keeps telling me my password is wrong on all 3 of my accounts. Even when I sign a new account up, it says it. WTH? I'm getting tired of it screwing up. I have important info in there I need.
Heck yeah I'm still having problems matter of fact I stumbled onto this forum just be, because of it!

I just tried emailing support this morning--with all honesty not expecting much but a bounce back reply just like others (hey, didn't hurt to try, though), which IS what happened. However, the failure message I received was far more disconcerting:

Delivery to the following recipient failed permanently:

support@Safe-mail.net

Technical details of permanent failure:
Google tried to deliver your message, but it was rejected by the server for the recipient domain safe-mail.net by mx1.safe-mail.net. [212.29.227.75].

The error that the other server returned was:
554 Rcpt <support@safe-mail.net> does not exist

"Does not exist"......what??

compleo

Valued Member
I Recently noticed something new.When composing a message & an X amount of time passes & i try to send the message it automatically goes into draft & i have to provide my PW,just the PW,not username.

MissyDiv

New Email
Their support email address has not worked for a while.

Here is the link to their phone number (+972 2-648-0066) - Is Safe Mail Down? (safe-mail.net) | Email Questions
Ahh, well that's greaat.

Yeah, I saw that number before (on a different forum on here), too, but not like that will do me any good....i don't know anything about dialing international numbers (and I'm not about no unexpected charges to do so). Thanks anyways for that assistance, though. :(

I'll just have to see how this pans out, but I know I will probably find another service, too, while I do so. It's just shocking to me see it down for this long (and I've had my account for long while). And what irks me even more is that they don't even have the decency to put up a notice of the issue on their own freaking site! It's not like the rest of the site is broken....

I mean, they could just as easily quell a lot of peoples' concerns/complaints if they just kept everybody abreast to what's going on and acknowledging that they know of the issue & are working at it. I can understand that they're probably not staffed like a Google (Gmail) or MS (Hotmail), but c'mon....it don't take that much effort to type out an update. <_<

MissyDiv

New Email
I Recently noticed something new.When composing a message & an X amount of time passes & i try to send the message it automatically goes into draft & i have to provide my PW,just the PW,not username.
Ehh, maybe I sound a bit paranoid when in saying this, but that seems a bit suspicious. Why would it ask for your password?? I've never known any mail service to EVER ask for one's password while they're simply composing a message.

compleo

Valued Member
Ehh, maybe I sound a bit paranoid when in saying this, but that seems a bit suspicious. Why would it ask for your password?? I've never known any mail service to EVER ask for one's password while they're simply composing a message.

Stuck me as odd also,i was thinking with the recent issues,update & glitches but wasn't quite sure what to make of it.

MissyDiv

New Email
Stuck me as odd also,i was thinking with the recent issues,update & glitches but wasn't quite sure what to make of it.
Definitely sounds bizarre.....but then again, I envy you can even get past that blasted homepage/login screen (do you have premium account? I would think they may lookout for their paying customers before us free users). I've still been periodically trying to login and still get that stupid:

"Internal error: couldn't display alert of error 1064 !" :hammer:

compleo

Valued Member
Definitely sounds bizarre.....but then again, I envy you can even get past that blasted homepage/login screen (do you have premium account? I would think they may lookout for their paying customers before us free users). I've still been periodically trying to login and still get that stupid:

"Internal error: couldn't display alert of error 1064 !" :hammer:

I have the freebie,but want to delete the account with the recent issues but can't now since i have resumes floating around & if a company wants to contact me i need that e mail addy valid.I started using a different e mail provider for this purpose but in the mean time i have to wait it out.

I also changed the PW.

compleo

Valued Member
I also noticed the editor is different,but only for the "reply" option,unless i never noticed it before.

woahbradley

New Email
Safe-mail has been down and sporadically popping up every little bit over the last 2 days. When the site IS up I'm unable to log in as I'm met with an 'internal error: cannot display error of alert xxx !'. I have found 0 information on this HUGE down, the largest of the past year and no one seems to be posting anything. Does anyone know what's going on, has anyone contacted them, any idea when it'll be back up?

Aug 4 - Today (Aug 6), could really use some answers.

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
Can you post a screen shot of the error message?

Can you also do a start -> run -> cmd and post a screen shot of the results from "tracert www-safe-mail.net" ?

Jewel

New Email
Hello, I'm new to this forum and just registered in order to post here as I saw this thread months ago when Safe mail was down. As for right now I'd like to tell people it's been some days I've been having an issue which was not about not being able to log in - as this worked fine - but simply with not receiving new incoming emails. In case you'd be affected by this bug as well, I just wanted to let you all know that I just called them on their support number - which does work - and one of the employees told me he'd check that soon so I'm expecting a mail recovery. :)
Have a nice week!

compleo

Valued Member
It's down again

I don't know what is meant by..."we have disabled Free registration,Free accounts are still available.What is the difference & will i be able to get into my current account?

This is the message i see...

Tue Oct 13 09:15 EDT 2015
Attention all users:
We are sorry to report that starting around midnight of Sunday, 11 of October, Safe-mail.net is under a massive attack. As a result, the system is very slow and, for many users, is not usable.
We are now in the process of cleaning the system. During that time Safe-mail.net will continue to be slow.
This attack is caused by many users of Safe-mail.net that abuse the system from all around the world.
We have noticed this kind of behavior for quite some time and lately, as a result, we have disabled Free registration.
Free accounts are still available but to get such an account, one should send a request as described in the Sign-up page.
We will issue more information when this situation is over.

Apologies and thanks all those that support us.