Is "hotmail" now Outlook?

cybern8or

New Email
Aug. 21 2015

Hello Expert(s)

Is Hotmail now called Outlook?
Or:
Can one still open a "hotmail" account, with the @Hotmail suffix?

If one can still choose between the two:
How does one decide which one to use?

Thanks.
FROM ME 4 U

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
Hello,

Yes, the Hotmail service is now Outlook.com

I am in the United States and still have the option to create a Hotmail account.

Go to Hotmail.com and click the sign up link on the landing page.

On the create account page click the link "Get a new email address" :

Hotmail get a new email address.jpg

Then you will have the option to pick Hotmail.com from the drop down menu:

New email address get hotmail.jpg

Continue with the setup process to finish creating the new Hotmail email address.

cybern8or

New Email
By this time, though, there can't be too many possible usernames left for "hotmail.com" -- unless you want one with 20 characters or more and lots of numbers. :rolleyes:
Another question , if you could please popwich:

8/29/2015

Hello Forum Consultant(s) popwich

I do not see (as I do in Gmail) an option to add a subfolder, to nest under a primary folder, for Emails.

IF there is a sub-folder option, what clicks are need to make it appear and create one, to NEST under a main primary folder category?

Thank You.
cybern8or

bburg

Valued Member
Another question , if you could please popwich:

8/29/2015

Hello Forum Consultant(s) popwich

I do not see (as I do in Gmail) an option to add a subfolder, to nest under a primary folder, for Emails.

IF there is a sub-folder option, what clicks are need to make it appear and create one, to NEST under a main primary folder category?

Thank You.
cybern8or
Right-click on a folder and click new sub-folder.

P.S. Why are you using such big font size?

cybern8or

New Email
Right-click on a folder and click new sub-folder.

P.S. Why are you using such big font size?

Thanks for your reply bburg, and, to answer your question:
I have POOR VISION, so, it is beneficial for me to use a 16, or higher font size, and bold, too.

About the double post...I am not an expert, so excuse the "double post" no harm intended.
Should I have any future posts on a different topic, I will be certain to post separately each topic.
Thank You

cybern8or

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
I have POOR VISION, so, it is beneficial for me to use a 16, or higher font size, and bold, too.

Hi @cybern8or

The better option for both yourself and other members would be to increase the default font size in your web browser.

This way your content will always match the size of others content on web pages for all visitors, and you can still have the large font size preference for yourself.

Use Control + to increase the font size, and Control - to decrease the font size.

Most web browsers also have a menu option. In Chrome it's labeled zoom:

Chrome Font Zoom Options.jpg

Hope this helps.

:thanks:

bburg

Valued Member
Thanks for your reply bburg, and, to answer your question:
No problem. I'm always assume too much that people do things wrong with their computer. :oops::oops: