im not getting my emails on netster email account

Discussion in 'Help Desk' started by jgfreemiller, May 5, 2011.

1. jgfreemiller

jgfreemiller New Email

I have had a netster.com email account for several years. Earlier this week I stopped receiving emails. I knew I should be getting some because I get daily auto generated emails with real estate listings and those stopped coming. My wife sent me an email and said she got a message stating the message was delayed. I also got the same message when I sent a message from my other email account. It's going on 4 days now with no email. Netster has no help available and I have no clue what to do about this. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

2. popowich

popowich EQ Forum Admin Staff Member

The domain netster.com does not have an MX record.

The A record for the domain that points to 204.152.195.218 is not accepting smtp connections :

> telnet 204.152.195.218 25
    Trying 204.152.195.218...
    telnet: connect to address 204.152.195.218: Connection refused

You are not receiving new email becuase they do not have any mail servers accepting email connections.

It might be a good idea to grab yourself a Gmail account or register your own domain name if they are leaving you in the dark and not explaining why the service is down.

:welcome: to Email Questions!

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up (and it's free!). Click the orange sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.