I can't recieve emails

Amy

New Email
Well I just discovered that for some unknown reason no one can send me any emails. My friends all said that I wasn't replying but in truth, I never had the emails to reply to. In trying to connect my email to Facebook, it is impossible because Facebook sends a verification email which, of course, I never get. I am currently using Internet explorer and this is a Hotmail address that I created only days ago as I needed an email for both personal and professional use.
To test it, I went to another email service provider (mail.com), and tried to send my seemingly 'broken' Hotmail account an email. Again, nothing.
I have checked and re-checked my spelling of the email address, and I have sent and re-sent the Facebook verification email. I have also looked in the Junk and Spam folders incase all the messages were being sent there.
If anyone could possibly tell me how to fix this problem that would be fantastic. I have considered it might be the settings blocking all types of mail, but why that would be the case I have no idea, considering I just made the email account and don't even know where the settings are to make them do that.
Thanks for reading.

bburg

Valued Member
To test it, I went to another email service provider (mail.com), and tried to send my seemingly 'broken' Hotmail account an email. Again, nothing.
If the mail can't be delivered because of a wrong email address, full mailbox, etc. then you will receive a message back. Nothing seen?

Do you use another (local) email client with POP or IMAP activated? On PC or phone? This might pulls your mailbox empty.

Amy

New Email
I am not getting any mail whatsoever. I have had hotmail accounts before so i know how to use them but for some reason this one just does not receive any emails. I don't know what POP or IMAP is, I use it on my PC not my phone. I only just created my account I only have one email that is a "welcome" email from hotmail itself so my inbox cannot be full.