How to recover a lost Hotmail password / How to regain control of a hacked account

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
Hi, I see this forum is not too recent, my problem is that I have outlook but had to keep windows live mail because of one of my hotmail accounts only works there, however,
I receive and send emails from it, I forgot the password, and I would like to set this account in outlook but I can't, and I don't
want to messy with the until now working windows live mail, is there a way to transfer this email account from windows live mail to outlook? I have windows 7 but office 365.

Hi Elsa,

This forum has been around a long time. Sometimes you'll find conversations that are many years old. No worries, we're still here :)

Why do you think that at least one of your Hotmail accounts only works with Windows Live Mail?

If you want to use a Hotmail or Outlook.com account with Microsoft Outlook you shouldn't have any trouble using ActiveSync or setting up with the Hotmail IMAP Server Settings.

If you have 2 step logins enabled you'll need to create an application password (Hotmail) for any email programs that don't support 2FA.

Please let us know if you have any questions about getting setup in Microsoft Outlook with that information.

shenwillioum

New Email
Hello

Find the solutions for reset Hotmail password. Find the below steps . its help you..

At first, you need to open the home page for Outlook.com, followed by clicking on the "Can't access your account?" link. Also, you are required to select "I forgot my password," and then it’s a must to click on the "Next" button.

Make sure that you have entered the Hotmail address you need access to in the "Microsoft account" field, followed by filling out the Captcha. Once you have filled the Captcha, it is now the right time to click on the "Next" button.

Now your next step should be to verify your identity with Microsoft. For your convenience, there are several methods for doing so you can choose the verification process via email, app, text or phone.
Now, if you don’t have any of the above mentioned option, you will be asked to fill out a questionnaire to prove that you are the owner of the account. Also, once you have selected your verification method, retrieve your code in order access the password reset page.

Now, if you can notice that your page is still open, you are supposed to enter the code in the box. If you have closed the verification page, you can open it again by starting the account retrieval process over again and choosing the same contact method.

Once, you have completed the above process, you will be directed to account reset page, where you can create a new password that can be used to access your Hotmail account.