How to recover a lost Hotmail password / How to regain control of a hacked account

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
A good place to start is Hotmail Sign in Issues :

Hotmail sign in issues.JPG

And on the next page click Ask a Question :

Ask a Question.JPG

Gymbuddy

New Email
My hotmail got hacked and i cant remember the answer to my secret answer, the hotmail isnt really helping me out. and facebook accounts were hacked as well, i cant remember the answer to my secret answer too, and i tried to get it back but can't, I unable to access my account..i forgotten my security question, so, i can't reset my new password...and i greatly greatly need my account back. i've so many contacts from all over the world, i urgently need my account back.

Any help is very much appreciated
Thank!

agarrod

New Email
My hotmail got got blocked and they sent a code to another e-mail address but the one they sent it to is wrong. now it says sign in blocked i tried resetting my password i have done the validation page many times but will no sucess. how can i get my e-mails back i have some very important e-mails i need to get to

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
Hello,

Contact Hotmail again and include the subject lines from the emails in your account from before it got hacked.

Including the subjects from recent emails helps to prove your identity and that you were the original owner of the email account.

Good luck! :)

colorfancy

New Email
Hi, can you tell me if there's a way to unlock the automated reset options? I may have remembered one of my answers. Should I email one of those listed in the first post?

I've already tried asking the customer service people for help with resetting the password but they refused to work with me. I'm really upset that no one's been willing to help me so far!

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
Hello,

Currently it seems that it is most helpful to let the customer service know some of the subject lines from the emails that existed in your account before it was hacked in addition to any other proof of identity that they ask for you to provide.

The email addresses listed in the first post can help, but if you already have a contact that you are working with I'd recommend continuing to work with that contact at Microsoft unless they refuse to help further.

:welcome: to Email Questions!

colorfancy

New Email
Hello,

Currently it seems that it is most helpful to let the customer service know some of the subject lines from the emails that existed in your account before it was hacked in addition to any other proof of identity that they ask for you to provide.

The email addresses listed in the first post can help, but if you already have a contact that you are working with I'd recommend continuing to work with that contact at Microsoft unless they refuse to help further.

:welcome: to Email Questions!

Thank you.

I emailed the secure email and they also told me to use the windows live help. Unfortunately, as I told them, help refuses to work with me.

I opened one ticket a few weeks ago and they replied once, then closed it without allowing me to ask anymore questions. It had been about 2 days.

The second time, just before I gave up and started posting here, they allowed me to reply but wouldn't help me. I explained to them the types of problems I was having and offered whatever information they wanted, but none of my posts seemed to have been read. They kept sending me the same copy and pasted response that they couldn't confirm the email was mine. No one told me the kind of information I could supply to them.

I don't remember a lot of the information on the account. I made it 6 years ago and I don't remember a lot of the information signed up with, as it wasn't supposed to be my main email at the time. I don't really use email much, I mainly used it to sign up on sites, but now I can't even access some of those sites because I can't access my email. There's no way I can remember what information is in the account. I gave the help two possible zip codes and at least two IPs that connected to the email. I gave them information about two of the people I knew there was email from. I even told them what I thought the answer to the secret question was. But, as I said, no one seems to have read my posts.

I'd like to simply have the automated options open as it seems to be my last resort. I'd really like to have my email back, but it seems as though I may not be able to. I have a memory problem that actually keeps me from working, so I was hoping that if I told help that they would at the very least respond to my posts, but it doesn't seem to have helped any. My disability is annoying in every day life, but I didn't think it would lock me out of my online (and thus written and hopefully remembered) life as well!

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
How about asking some of your friends and family for subject lines, or also mentioning to Hotmail the names of the sites you have accounts at since those sites may have sent you email too? The more unique the sites are the better, for example Facebook wouldn't help much but maybe a medical site related to your memory problem that sent you email would help prove your identity.

colorfancy

New Email
How about asking some of your friends and family for subject lines, or also mentioning to Hotmail the names of the sites you have accounts at since those sites may have sent you email too? The more unique the sites are the better, for example Facebook wouldn't help much but maybe a medical site related to your memory problem that sent you email would help prove your identity.

I'd love to be able to ask people about subjects, but I mainly use it for signing up on sites. I don't really email people anymore, we just text each other.

I tried giving them some of those sites but, as I said, they wouldn't respond to my posts. I'm not sure how to provoke a response for them if this is my only option.

I actually offered to give them my billing information as well, but nothing /i said got a response.

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
If it does turn out that they won't help you out, and your email account is important to you, an alternate option is to buy your own domain name from someone like Godaddy and then use Google to host the email for your personal domain name.

colorfancy

New Email
Do you think calling the customer service number would be a viable option? If I can't reset the automated options then I'd like to get into contact with someone who would actually talk to me.

Thanks for your help.

mdx666

New Email
Hi,
My problem that i'm having is that I used a hotmail account for a game that I used to play. They send a verification code to the email so I know it worked. I started to play the game and I said resend password. well i looked everything up and found the email. when i tried to log into hotmail, the password didnt work. So I tried to reset the hotmail password and it says the log in email is wrong. Is my account closed? Is it blocked? Help me please.

martinstreet

New Email
I am having some trouble when trying to log into my hotmail account. It says my account has been blocked and that it needs to send me a new verification code. Problem is the email it has to send it to is my old work email address and as I am no longer at this role it doesn’t get to me. Is there anyway to change this email address so I can get into my account?
To make the matter worse, I am currently awaiting a number of very important job hunting emails.

Please help

Thanks

stana

New Email
Hi, it seems to be quite common that Microsoft does send a validation code to recover your email to an email address that is not valid. The same happened to me just few days ago. Microsoft apparently sent a validation code to an email address that I don't seem to remember creating and when I try to change a password on it, it says the email ID is invalid. I send the info required for account recovery to the Microsoft private forum but I didn't include my credit card details - to be honest I am not sure anymore what is a spam and what isn't after being hacked.

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
Added a new step to the first post :

Verify your account with a mobile phone.

Last edited: