How to block unwanted emails

Discussion in 'Hotmail' started by Finn, Dec 7, 2014.

1. Finn

Finn New Email

I want the following hotmail address marked as spam. How do I do this?

Address I want considered spam - mazdacompetition@hotmail.com.

I have received unwanted emails from this address and I don't know who is sending them.

2. foggy

foggy Valued Member

If you get a message like this you can 1) click on "junk" at the top of the message list to send it to the junk folder (or report it as a phishing scam or 2) click the box next to the message to highlight it, right-click on the message's subject line and from the pop-up menu select "create rule." You will find that the default rule showing is to treat the message as spam and delete it, but you can select from other options in the dropdown menu you find there.

Alternatively, you can click on the gear icon (top right) and select 'manage rules' and set up a delete rule manually.

Edit: I just found out you can also right-click on the sender's address in the 'from ' field and select (at the bottom of the pop-up menu) "for this sender." Then scroll down and choose 'delete' or whatever you wish.

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up (and it's free!). Click the orange sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.