How to automatically forward email to multiple accounts

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
Hello,

Would you like to automatically forward emails to multiple recipients?

On a qmail server you can do this with a .qmail file in your account and adding all of the addresses to that file.

From your desktop you can create a rule or filter in your favorite mail client such as Outlook Express to do the automatic email forwarding.

If you are using a free webmail service provider such as Gmail again you can use the filters within your settings to handle the forwarding.

For specific instructions on any platform please let us know!

ccdal

New Email
hi raymond - we are using yahoo mail for small business and want to sent up so that any emails that come into our info@ address are automatically forwarded to the other 4 addresses in our office. at the moment yahoo's settings only allow us to set up forwarding to 1 address - is there a way around this do you know?

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
Hello,

You could try double forwarding the email. For example, if you forwarded to a Gmail account, and used a filter at Gmail to forward to multiple accounts, that's one possible solution.

Does your small business have it's own domain name? It's preferable for you to have as much control over your email as possible, so if it's possible to forward the Yahoo address to an account at your business domain name, and then forward out to the multiple accounts from there I'd think that is better than using Gmail in this situation.

:welcome: to Email Questions!

davidtroya

New Email
Hi,

I am trying to forward incoming emails to multiple recipients. My email is hosted by secureserver (godaddy), which does not offer filters for automatic forwarding.

I bought a software (automatic email manager) and set up all the different forwards, but unfortunately, my server blocks the outgoing emails and I get an error message saying the incoming email is in their badmailfromlist.
This happens every time the software tries to forward an email that comes from a gmail, yahoo, hotmail account or just accounts that they don't trust.

What is a viable solution for my issue. I don't mind paying for software if it's affordable and gets the job done.

Thanks!