How do I retrieve Thunderbird email and address book from dead PC?

RFlounder

New Email
My motherboard died, so I cannot access my old pc's Thunderbird data. I have now discovered (too late) that my WD External Backup HD did NOT support file types that Thunderbird uses so I think it is useless to assume my Thunderbird email was even backed up on that.

I believe my OLD hard drive is still working though, with Thunderbird data intact (emails, address books, etc.) I bought a Universal Drive Adapter that I want to use to retrieve those files, but I don't know how or where to copy the old data to my new computer.

Old computer ran Windows 7 32-bit, New computer runs Windows 7 64-bit. I have installed Thunderbird already on my new computer, and it generated new profiles under my 3 usernames.

I have checked "show hidden files and folders" so I should be able to see where the OLD information is found on my old drive. I just don't know what to do from there. If I do a copy and paste from my old HD to my new computer, will that work? I don't know exactly "what" to copy, and/or "where" to paste it. Is this the best method to recover my Thunderbird data?

I need specific answers. Thank you in advance for any help. This is so frustrating!