HOTMAIL PROBLEM!

Discussion in 'Help Desk' started by VanessaJ, Jul 25, 2012.

1. VanessaJ

VanessaJ New Email

I need help...
    today i went on hotmail and all of a sudden my hotmail sender name is wonky and i never changed it.. it's "Nestor Vanessa Jasmin Indeed" .. I have no idea how it got that way because as I said I never changed it. I've tried everything, i've tried going to my options and checking to see if anything's wrong but it won't work, it still looks like whenever i send emails.. and it's frustrating me, does anyone know what i can do to fix it?!

2. popowich

popowich EQ Forum Admin Staff Member

Hello,

Those are signs that your account has been compromised.

Immediately change your password, verify your alternate email address, and verify your account reset information such as security questions & answers.

:welcome: to Email Questions!

3. VanessaJ

VanessaJ New Email

i have changed my password twice already, i just changed my security answer. should i change this email account address all together? because i doubt changing the security password will do anything.

4. popowich

popowich EQ Forum Admin Staff Member

It can't hurt to also run a spyware/malware scan with tools such as spybot and malwarebytes

Yes, creating a new account would likely fix your problem, but also likely leave behind a compromised account for a spammer until it's detected and shut down by Hotmail.

5. VanessaJ

VanessaJ New Email

no i meant i've changed my email address but its the same account.. i've got too much important things on this account to close it down completely..

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up (and it's free!). Click the orange sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.