HOTMAIL locked me out of my account

NTW

New Email
I tried to log in to my Hotmail account but it says due to unusual activity I had to enter again my phone number. I changed my phone number so it's impossible to enter it. I submitted a recovery form but they emailed my alternate email address telling me the information I entered was incorrect. So basically Hotmail has locked me out of my own account when I have done absolutely nothing wrong other than their whim of randomly checking my phone number yet again which has been changed. I talked to my lawyer to take legal action against them as this has affected me tremendously but he told me to try to get a written proof that I tried to get them to allow me back into my account. So that's what I'm doing now. If anyone from Hotmail is reading this or knows what to do. Please let me know asap !

Thanks !

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
Hi NTW,

This is an email help and discussion forum. We are not owned by Microsoft/Hotmail. Some email services have a representative here. Microsoft does not.

The easiest way to show contact with Microsoft / Hotmail is their verified Twitter account here - Microsoft Support (@MicrosoftHelps) | Twitter

The official options for getting back a Hotmail account are described here - How to recover a lost Hotmail password / How to regain control of a hacked account

Limited support is one of the dangers of using a free email service. To avoid this problem you could register your own domain name and have the email for it hosted by an email service with great technical support.

NTW

New Email
Thank you for your response. The problem with that link is that I didn't forget my password. I know exactly what my password is. The problem is that Hotmail decided to lock me out of my account.