Hotmail automatically deletes emails, then resets my blocked sender list

mattrick

New Email
While trying to block the 100 or so spam emails in my junk folder I encountered a problem. I selected all the spam emails then pressed block sender. Afterwards 2 of the emails I had tried to block remained, so I re-selected the two of them and pressed block again only to have my entire junk folder immediately empty. Nothing important was lost, but I feel like this is a problem I should correct as soon as possible.

Afterwards I checked my blocked sender list to see if I had accidentally blocked the entire folder. At first my sender list was full of domains and addresses, and I decided to close it and google the problem (To which I found no results) upon re-opening my blocked senders list, I found it to have been completely reset. I even tested to see if it was just loading slowly by adding a fake email. Now my blocked senders list is comprised of only a single fake email.

Has this happened to anyone else?

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
This has not happened to me. Why are you trying to block addresses that were correctly delivered to your junk folder? The last time I checked there was a limit of 500 entries allowed in Hotmail's blocked senders list. I wouldn't waste them on addresses that are already going to spam and save them for spam that makes it to your inbox.