Has anyone tried Outlook.com Yet?

Discussion in 'Outlook.com' started by Big Dan, Sep 14, 2012.

1. Big Dan

Big Dan EQ Forum Moderator Staff Member

Last edited: Sep 14, 2012
  2. foggy

foggy Valued Member

Have any users of this new interface noticed any 'bugs' ?

For me, when viewing a message (or composing one), the toolbar functions disappear and only faintly reappear when hovering over them with the cursor. It's annoying when the email's title interferes with the action I'm trying to find (delete, reply, whatever).

In general I still don't really trust Hotmail/Live/Outlook for email and probably won't – until they 1) increase their password length way beyond the 16-character limit, and 2) add two-factor authentication (which they're supposedly working on right now).

But it certainly is a nice, clean, simple interface. But I do kinda miss the theme options (limited though they were) that Hotmail has/had. :rolleyes:

3. popowich

popowich EQ Forum Admin Staff Member

I did a first glace at the preferences a couple weeks ago. I'm taking a deeper look now.

At the time I liked that I could separate my incoming email so email to my Hotmail and email to my Outlook addresses arrive under different labels.

I never thought much of Hotmail's spam filtering. Hopefully Outlook.com does a better job.

4. popowich

popowich EQ Forum Admin Staff Member

It's not two true factor like a 2-step gmail login, but when clicking into some sensitive Microsoft settings pages I now get a confirmation code to my alternate email address that has to be typed in before I can proceed.

5. surya573

surya573 New Email

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up (and it's free!). Click the orange sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.