Google URLs on SORBS list

ibir

New Email
Hi!

Have two cases where mails to my mail account ibir@hadeland-astro.net from two different google.com accounts are blocked, apparently by SORBS filter, and bounced with the error messages:

550-"JunkMail rejected - mail-vc0-f181.google.com [209.85.220.181]:50364

and
550-"JunkMail rejected - mail-vc0-f170.google.com [209.85.220.170]:46029

both with this:
550-an RBL, see Currently Sending Spam See:
550 http://www.sorbs.net/lookup.shtml?209.85.220.181"

I understand these URLs are real google adresses, but why are they listed i SORBS, and, how comes the mails are filtered by SORBS? Neither sender nor receiver have SORBS filters.
:confused:

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
Hello,

Apparently your hosting provider "Go Large" is using the SORBS RBL as one of their anti-spam measures, but you are not aware of it. I recommend contacting them if you do not want SORBS applied to your incoming email.

If you worked with someone to setup a server for you it's possible they selected SORBS when configuring your hosting. It's not clear to me if your server, which identifies itself as v3.golarge.net, is shared or dedicated hosting.

:welcome: to Email Questions!

ibir

New Email
Apparently your hosting provider "Go Large" is using the SORBS RBL as one of their anti-spam measures, but you are not aware of it. I recommend contacting them if you do not want SORBS applied to your incoming email.

Very interesting information, and, as you suggest, I'm not aware of it. If it is true, I'm also very disappointed Go Large didn't tell while we was in dialogue in a support request, and I wondered where it was filtered by SORBS.

Now I posted e new ticket, requesting what you suggest, and hope it is possible.

:thanks:

ibir

New Email
Go Large admitted they use SORBS, after they outsourced the server management to a Latvian, with free hands, but asked for a possible solution.

EQ Admin

EQ Forum Admin
Staff member
It should be an easy fix on your server.

Do you have an ssh login and su/sudo access?

ibir

New Email
The server is a web-hotel (GoLarge) outside my control on that level. I'm not allowed to do any unix commands, other than some cron job lines. The host management is even outsourced to Latvia. There is however a request pending for avoiding SORBS.

Sorry