Gmail spam

Discussion in 'Gmail' started by popowich, Sep 5, 2011.

1. popowich

popowich EQ Forum Admin Staff Member

My Gmail spam folder is down to 385. Usually it's up in the 500's

Anyone else notice a big drop of spam hitting their spam folder?

2. foggy

foggy Valued Member

Hi, Ray

You may not like to hear this, but I've had several Gmail accounts over the years (including some domains hosted by Google Apps, if that counts), and I have never.... repeat: never ... seen a single spam come to any of those accounts. By contrast, when I had Yahoo and Hotmail accounts (the latter of which had addresses that I never shared with anyone or any company), I got spam. Go figure. :rolleyes:

Scott

3. curvefan

curvefan Valued Member

Hi Ray,

I noticed several months ago, that an account I had which used to get 20 to 30 spam messages a day, suddenly gets almost no spam messages.

So, something is definitely going on, hopefully something good.

4. popowich

popowich EQ Forum Admin Staff Member

Hi Scott,

Why wouldn't I like to hear that? It's good to know that others are seeing the same downtrend in spams making it to Gmail. The overall label is down, though I'm getting a couple more inbox. I was starting to wonder if there was less spam because some of my old forwards into the account were broke.

-Ray

5. foggy

foggy Valued Member

I thought it might lessen your excitement over your spam being "down" to 385 if you found that others are getting none at all. I didn't want to rain on your parade, but mentioned it anyway for comparison's sake. :eek:

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up (and it's free!). Click the orange sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.